Spilled Dye

Guest DeeDee

Does anyone have any suggestions for spilled liquid dye on carpet? I somehow managed to spill black dye onto soft wax on my work-surface floor covering. When I walked onto the carpet- it was stuck to my shoe. I have a large black spot on my carpet. Any ideas about how to get rid of it? I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in a nice rug.:undecided

You may have to order this on line but I would try some Meguiars heavy duty spot treatment. Its for carpets. Mainly auto but I have seen it used on a blue ink spot on beige carpet worked like a champ. It can be used on any carpets. It comes in a spray bottle very easy to use.

Will

I have been cleaning carpets for years. I have gotten black fireplace paint out of white berber carpet. Red dyes out of white carpet. Just about the only stain I have never been able to remove was mustard (of all things! lol) from white carpet. I used xylol xylene to get the black paint out of white carpet. I think it would work for the candle dye on the carpet. You can get it at any Lowes Home Depot or hardware store. It should be near the turpentine. I have been told that it is the main ingredient in goof off. I have never checked the actual bottle of goof off becasue I don't use it. I would not use xylol xylene if you do not have a steam cleaning unit though. You need to be able to suck it back out of the carpet. If the only available method of cleaning is you and a brush, do not use this. If you choose to use this, please vetilate the room you will be working in and after you have applied it you should also clean the area afterwards with the steam cleaning carpet cleaning method.

Oh use a spray bottle to apply it to the carpet. Oh and don't walk on the wet area of carpet with black rubber sole tennis shoes on. It ate the plastic on the bottom of my tennis shoes and transfered it onto the carpet. I had to reclean and then was able to get rubber off of the berber carpet! Looked like new when I was done!!