Fragrance Review- Wellington Fragrance

I just got a new bunch of scents from Wellington Fragrance. I'll be posting first the OOB review, then work with the wax (literally just got the stuff) over the next couple days in wax to see how well it comes out. Hopefully good stuff.

Note, they recommend Premium grade if you choose to order from them, but they have no minimums, but a $5.00 surcharge if you order less than $50.

OOB portion of Review:

Frankincense- Smells just like the traditional resin, doesn't seem to be a lot different from most fragrances.

Amber- I'm not sure how strong the amber scents are from other suppliers, but this one is a very thick scent out of bottle. Smells similar to the top notes in Amber Romance and Amber Vanilla. It does mix well with a couple other scents, but can easily overpower the others. I have poured some candles in this, waiting for cure on it.

Watermelon- Actually preferring this version OOB more than the others I've recently worked with. It's still got a touch of the "artificial" watermelon smell (think watermelon bubble gum), but it's much closer to a traditional "cut open melon on 4th of July" type scent. Not quite as heavy either.

Gardenia- This is the first Gardenia FO that I actually like. Doesn't smell "dirty" to me. Just personal preference I suppose. But it's amazingly colorless too.

Patchouli- Yep. It's Patchouli! Not a nostril killer, more like the incense or essential oil.

Vanilla (Non Darkening Candle)- This is a typical vanilla FO. Not one of my favorites, but a popular scent. It's possible to get this same exact scent oil elsewhere for cheaper.

Clean Linen- Snuggle Dryer Sheets. Nuff said.

Pinon- If you snuggled up to a pine tree, this is what you'd smell. Actually not overpowering like many of the evergreen scents out there. I think this will be a keeper.

White Tea- This is a very yummy scent. It's a mix between White Tea (the stuff you'd brew at home) and has a hint of floral behind it. Not sure if it's jasmine or honeysuckle, the scent is very muted within the tea.

Victorian Christmas- This is another interesting one. I can smell a touch of pine, top note is cinnamon and a touch of apple too.

Cinnamon- Red Hots candies with a touch of florals? It's weird. Not quite as strong as Peak's cinnamon, but not entirely bad either. I'll wait on the wax test to say more.

Dragon's Blood- Honestly they really missed their mark on this one. It smells like baby powder. I'm not even going to bother wax testing it I don't think. Ugh.

Sage- A good mix on this one. It's very nearly a blend of white sage and cooking sage. Light scent, not overpowering.

Clean Cotton- Downy dryer sheets for the most part, but there's an underlaying smell of... something. Hoping that part goes away in wax, I didn't care for the undertones.

I'll be updating (new postings on this thread most likely) as I get these tested. Hope it helps someone.

Thank you! When the board search was functioning, I had done several searches and came up with lots of reviews of Wellington being weak. Then again, I had read that same thing about Just Scents but went ahead and ordered and for me Just Scents throws very strong in my tarts. Glad to read that Wellington's scent accuracy, for the most part, sounds excellent!