Overall quality of FO from The Candlemaker's Store?

I know all suppliers are hit and miss. Would you say The Candlemakers Store is more hits or misses or 50/50? Wish they had scent descriptions! Some are easy but others, they could be anything.

How does the A and B grade come into play? Have you tried both? B grade is very inexpensive which is worrisome. 1 oz samples only come in A grade.

I like the endless fragrance list at The Candlemaker's Store but it reminds me of Brighter Scents/Midwest Candles and to me, the overall quality of Brighter Scent is runs weak and the scents are always just a little off in one way or another. I have a handful of great oils from Brighter Scents but they are rare.

For instance, Belle of India is an unusual oil name and both Brighter Scents/Midwest Candle and The Candlemaker's Store seem to be the only ones who carry that scent name. Maybe Brighter Scents is the B grade of The Candlemakers Store????? A few other unique shared scent names between the two of them...Lisa's Sugar Cookie, Hidden Lake, Rocky Mountain Breeze.

Sorry for rambling.

Thanks!

I have used Candlemaker's Store and they are ok..The A grade is a bit stronger but the b grade is so worth the price and work great in my candles. STAY away from Midwest Candle Supply they are very shady. Look them up on the boards. They tried to rip me off..but paypal came to the rescue.

I've only tried a few CMS fo's and they were all great. I got the Grade B except for the Coco Mademoiselle which didn't list an A or B. As for the other company I've ordered just a few times from them and I only got one scent from them. I've not had any problems in the very few times I ordered but there are so many that have had issues with them. I second that you do a search and read up on them before you decide to do any business with them. Search under Midwest, Brighter Scents, Gelluminations, Creative Illuminations. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head so there may be more. They've changed their name many times and constantly have sales which makes me think they are desperate for sales or something isn't up to par with the products.

I have tried a number of their FO and there are only a few that we use. Coconut, clean cotton and mac apple are good. Most of them are either not exact in scent, or are weak. I just bought a whole bunch of 1oz A samples and was only OK with one of them- the rosemary mint. Not a big difference in A vs B strength, but A pricing is similar to other companies...

I've only tried a few CMS fo's and they were all great. I got the Grade B except for the Coco Mademoiselle which didn't list an A or B. As for the other company I've ordered just a few times from them and I only got one scent from them. I've not had any problems in the very few times I ordered but there are so many that have had issues with them. I second that you do a search and read up on them before you decide to do any business with them. Search under Midwest, Brighter Scents, Gelluminations, Creative Illuminations. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head so there may be more. They've changed their name many times and constantly have sales which makes me think they are desperate for sales or something isn't up to par with the products.

The Candlemaker Store is not the same company at Midwest (aka:Brighter Scents, Gelluminations, Creative Illuminations) Although I dont use much in the way of fragrances from the CMS(mainly due to the fact there are no scent descriptions and they are hit and miss for me ..the hits have been great though) I have never had a problem with them and still order certain things such as UV inhibitor and other raw products. I just didnt want the two to get mixed up.

The Candlemaker Store is not the same company at Midwest (aka:Brighter Scents, Gelluminations, Creative Illuminations) Although I dont use much in the way of fragrances from the CMS(mainly due to the fact there are no scent descriptions and they are hit and miss for me ..the hits have been great though) I have never had a problem with them and still order certain things such as UV inhibitor and other raw products. I just didnt want the two to get mixed up.

I know they are not the same but they both share so many scents with unique names that I find it very odd. And they are the only companies with those unique scent names, such as Belle of India. Lots more unique, shared scent names.

I love CMS FO. I'm looking for a certain smell to a scent and go through a lot of company's to get what I think it should smell like. I don't think they are weak. I have a girl test scents for me and I go by what she thinks, she's so good. Their Apple Pie is the best IMHO. Also thought their Pumpkin Cornbread is better than anyone's. I use others and also buy my wax and other supplies from them.