Ecosoya Pb Pillars

Hello. everyone. Been a while since i posted. I made some pillars with ecosoya pb, and believe I found a good wick size for these. They are 3 inch round and square pillars. 1 oz pp fo. I used a cd20 wick for the square, and cd18 for the round. They are burning very well, very good scent throw. However, I was just curious if most people that make pillars with this wax have trouble with being able to "hug" the candles. When I try to bend the edges in, they crack and dont look very pretty after that. They burn well however there would be a thin shell left as they burn down all the way. I do not have bigger wicks so have not tried bigger yet, however I think the square would have blowouts with a bigger one. They just cant be hugged or bended inward when warm like a paraffin candle. What is everyone elses experience? And is there anything that can be done to help this? Thanks!

Laura

Edited by joyofsoycandle

Your observations match mine, I just use PB for votives now as i prefer the huggable nature of paraffin. If I were to do a pillar with PB, would try to have it tunnel and see what happened as the wick burned down into it. I've been using LX wicks with PB but CDs would be another good choice to try.

I've made two 3" rounds with this wax using LX24 wicks and had the same cracking problem as you. Although, some of the shell is consumed as they burn down. I also had some vertical cracks develop while test burning one of them.