Testing of tarts going really well! So excited!!!

SuzyK

I have been testing, testing, testing and I am having so much fun! Out of the 15 scents I have tested, only 3 have been not strong enough. I have someone testing them and out of the 8 she's tested, 2 have been not strong enough. Her duds are the same as mine. She even tested some Scentsy ones over the weekend and said mine are much stronger and travel further through her home!! Yay!!

She's a teacher and she's testing while she teaches. She's had several comments from students, their parents and other teachers about how good her classroom smells. She said she was testing Clean Cotton yesterday and one of her 5th grade boys walked in and said it smelled like heaven!!

I am using a 75/25 blend of Ecosoya PB and Xcel.

I am testing 2 cubes at a time and testing them for at least 14 hours. My tester has tested some of them longer.

I am so excited at how well this is going! The information on this board has been amazing!!

Great news Suzy! Glad the testing is going so well. I have actually tried the same blend you are using and while my tarts threw awesome in a tea light burner, I find they dont throw well at all in either a scentsy warmer or the better home and garden warmers from walmart.

I've looked at both of these warmers and they both use a 25watt bulb so I can only assume that these warmers are just not getting hot enough.

What kind of warmer are you using and at what temp are you adding the fo, if you dont mind me asking?

I am using 1.5fo per lb and have tried adding it to the wax at both 180 degrees and 150 degrees.

I love how this blend throws in the tea light warmers ...just wish I could get it to throw in the other warmers too.

Also remember with soy you might get a little more throw with some cure time. My total PB tarts need some cure time usually. I only have one fragrance I can't get to throw or stick so far. Even sometimes the lighter scents are preferred by clients.

Oh yes. I didn't mention that. I have noticed that letting them cure at least 3 days makes a huge difference. I am mostly curing 5-7 days before testing. Some even more because I've gone a little crazy with making them. lol.

lol that is probably part of my problem. I know im supposed to let the tarts cure but sometimes I just cant help myself. I know I burned the pb mix tarts about 4 hrs after they set up. I need to learn to be patient :rolleyes2

Lol- It is difficult to be patient sometimes when you're excited to try something that smells so good. There were a couple of scents that I wasn't pleased with when they were done setting, but then, even just day of letting them cure, the scent was much stronger! Being patient pays off!