Yahoo Sitebuilder

southernscents

Guest EMercier

I had the Yahoo sitebuilder, but I did not like it. It was too much. After I put a lot of work into it, I could not publish it. I had too many problems with it. I currently use Godaddy's Quick Cart. Very easy to use and I love it so far.

My husband has been building a site for me on yahoo but it has been a year and we have stopped.At a standstill.I got my Domains from them and now I see some of you are having problems.My other computer has been down and he needs to work on it so now I guess when it is fixed I will look for another option.We have wasted enough time.I did tell him the look I picked last year is totally different than what I want this year.

I can change my mind.

LynnS

Yahoo sucks for hosting. I have had problems with their hosting ever since I made one of my sites and put it on there. My site would occasionally go down.

I have used www.interserver.net and their support is great (phone, email, and several instant messengers). Since then, I have my own web server now (because I own several websites) and use www.powervps.com

Finding a web host is difficult because there are so many out there. Be careful with signing up with a host because you never know if it's just a bunch of kids doing hosting from their bedroom using their DSL, lol, with a nice-looking website. I would see how fast they respond by sending an email to their support, or calling. Ask them every question there is, etc. I have since stuck with the hosts I am familiar with or try out "known" companies for hosting. For me, it was always trial-and-error.

originally i used www.homestead.com for my web site needs. they had a wysiwyg interface and i was quite content with what i could design. yet, as my needs grew, i found that they couldn't provide the services i required (eg. a 'php BB forum' like the one you're currently viewing here.)

therefore i researched the market and picked www.lunarpages.com as it offered everything i required, and more, at an even cheaper price. i don't even recognise some of the services and technologies offered but the main benefit by far is the extremely helpful forum and the incredible support.

personal web users and large corporates have signed up to this provider and the forum treats everyone the same (ie - with respect, help and friendliness.) this doesn't include the actual technical support available as part of the service - in which you can get a response within minutes sometimes.

i have been with lunar for 18 months and can't ever imagine leaving them. it does cost about $95 a year but if you sign through my link then i get a discount which i'll happily split with you (about $25 each.)

• 2 weeks later...

I use yahoo page builder and love it. I don't know if that is the same thing.

Took me some time, but I got my site up in the first page of google's listings and yahoo's listings.

For me it was easy to work with and I found a place called The Wise Old Man's Page Builder Help, that explained yahoo page builder when I first started.

I have 3 sites with yahoo right now and are doing well with all three.

I have just heard bad things about YAHOO.I do know it takes forever for me to get my e-mails on that site.I do have 2 e-mails,one with YAHOO and one with AMERITECH.Yahoo is the pits.So this is one reason why I am chickening out with doing a site with YAHOO.I heard someone else mention they kept crashing her site.So I have about 3 I am looking into that were referred to to me.

LynnS

Hate to pay for a year and find out I don't like it.I would rather pay it all at once than monthly.

I never had anytrouble with yahoo's email from my website either. I get my paypal payments through there too. No problems.

And the couple of times I needed to ask Yahoo a question about my website, I called their 800 number and got my answers and help over the phone.

I use yahoo page builder and love it. I don't know if that is the same thing.

Took me some time, but I got my site up in the first page of google's listings and yahoo's listings.

For me it was easy to work with and I found a place called The Wise Old Man's Page Builder Help, that explained yahoo page builder when I first started.

I have 3 sites with yahoo right now and are doing well with all three.

What is your site? Can we see it?

I know of an easy site builder.....and an awesome graphics place.....and the prices are great!!!!

the store is easy to use and great customer support! I have a few friends who use it! its new...

the diy store..

http://www.createashoppeplus.com/

very cool graphics...

http://www.ezshoppes.com/shoppe/?sid=StudioBeck

I think very cool prices...I wanna build a site..have to start saving up!!!!

Tara:)