First time...and not impressed at all with Scentsy.

Maggie

Yesterday I got my hair done and my X DIL said that her business partner had been to a Scentsy party and bought the electric warmer that was sitting in the back of their shop. I gave them a punched tin...MADE IN AMERICA...warmer about 7 years ago and they have been using it everyday. Kristin was not in yesterday but Cathy said she brought the warmer and "tarts" in the day before...spent $30. on the warmer...I thought it was ugly but that is my personal opinion since I wouldn't have bought that particular color and style.

I walked up to the table where it was sitting and sniffed...couldn't smell a thing. I had to stick my nose almost in the bowl to smell it...and OMG...STINK. It was Newborn Nursery. I was at their shop 3 1/2 hours and never did smell it except to stand over top of it.

Oh...and I thought they said how cool their wax is. That tart burner was so hot I couldn't touch the bowl where the tart was melting...it was that hot.

Cheap imported shit that I wouldn't waste a penny on.

I was looking at their website...$8.00 for a 2 oz. bottle of room spray. LMFAO!!!!

Yesterday I got my hair done and my X DIL said that her business partner had been to a Scentsy party and bought the electric warmer that was sitting in the back of their shop. I gave them a punched tin...MADE IN AMERICA...warmer about 7 years ago and they have been using it everyday. Kristin was not in yesterday but Cathy said she brought the warmer and "tarts" in the day before...spent $30. on the warmer...I thought it was ugly but that is my personal opinion since I wouldn't have bought that particular color and style.

I walked up to the table where it was sitting and sniffed...couldn't smell a thing. I had to stick my nose almost in the bowl to smell it...and OMG...STINK. It was Newborn Nursery. I was at their shop 3 1/2 hours and never did smell it except to stand over top of it.

Oh...and I thought they said how cool their wax is. That tart burner was so hot I couldn't touch the bowl where the tart was melting...it was that hot.

Cheap imported shit that I wouldn't waste a penny on.

I was looking at their website...$8.00 for a 2 oz. bottle of room spray. LMFAO!!!!

I have alot of locals that want to buy my tarts for their Scentsy warmers after smelling my tarts. Turns out my grandson's school did a fundraiser that was Scentsy, so I bought one of the full sized, $30.00 ones to test. I find it interesting that you say the burner was hot. Hours of being on, and mine is so cool, I can't get my tarts to throw at all in it! It came with a 25 watt bulb. Do you know what wattage the bulb in theirs was? Others on here have said they tell their customers to put a 40 watt bulb in their Scentsy. I don't feel comfortable telling my customers to do that because many of them leave them on 24 hours a day with the 25 watt bulb to use as a nightlight type. I think that's kinda stupid, but some people you can't tell anything. :tiptoe:

If it is still there on Thursday...I will check. If it's turned on though...I know I will take potholders with me. lol The bowl and the warmer were HOT I am taking some tarts with me too. I found a huge stash of tarts in boxes in my garage that I poured years ago. Probably 8 or 9 years...lol. So...I opened the packages and have been using one of each scent. These are over powerful...you can smell them all over my house. Upstairs is just as strong as downstairs. My punched tin warmers were from Irwin's Tinware. I sold a LOT of them but stopped for some reason that I can't remember. I don't know what size bulb is in theirs but I will check that too. I also used to sell the T-light warmers but people stopped buying them once I started selling electric.

I normally turn mine on when I get up...usually before 7am. And turn it off at 8 or 9 at night. I am home all day so I trust it. But I DO turn it off if we are going away for a length of time.

Did you buy any of Scenty's bars or whatever they are called. The tarts I am melting now were straight paraffin with vybar. I'm thinking it had to be 3035 from CW. So...I guess I will see if they melt in their warmer. Now I use the 3035 but add 20% container wax...parasoy. Gives them a creamier look that I like better.

I didn't buy any of their tarts...mine are terrific so I had no reason too; besides, a potential customer gave me a few and I found them lacking.

Scentsy doesn't sell a 40 watt bulb for their full sized burners. It was others on here that said they recommended them to their customers. With the 25 watt bulb, I think that's why Scentsy tells customers that they can't use other tarts with their burners. There appears to be some concensus on here that a 25 watt bulb will not melt many of our tarts in a burner that size because the bowl doesn't get that warm. That's why I think the one you spoke of must have a higher wattage in it if it's getting that hot. It will be interesting to see what wattage they have in there!:tiptoe:

I didn't buy any of their tarts...mine are terrific so I had no reason too; besides, a potential customer gave me a few and I found them lacking.

Scentsy doesn't sell a 40 watt bulb for their full sized burners. It was others on here that said they recommended them to their customers. With the 25 watt bulb, I think that's why Scentsy tells customers that they can't use other tarts with their burners. There appears to be some concensus on here that a 25 watt bulb will not melt many of our tarts in a burner that size because the bowl doesn't get that warm. That's why I think the one you spoke of must have a higher wattage in it if it's getting that hot. It will be interesting to see what wattage they have in there!:tiptoe:

I went into a consignment shop today that used to smell musty, but it smelled wonderful! Not too strong nor too light, just perfect! I complimented the manager & she pointed to her Scentsy pot & gave me a catalog. Her friend is a Scentsy rep. They use 25 watt bulbs in the full-size, 20 watt in the mediums, & 15 watts in the little-plug ins. They only have 80 scents. She claimed that one pack of 3.2 oz Scentsy tarts has lasted her a full year with using every week!?!? 0_0 Really? I must say, the wonderful smell, super-nice pot, cute BIG tart package, & awesome catalog made me want a Scentsy! LOL But I'll start with the BH&G pot from WalMart for $15.00 first.

Edited by HorsescentS

Hopefully, you see this Bernadette.

I took tarts to their shop this morning. I got there shortly after my X-DIL got there and she had just turned on the melter. So I walked to the back and put the bag of tarts on the table and told her to try them and see if they melt in that melter. If not...take them home and use them in the punched tin melter she bought from me. All of my melters came from Irvin's Tinware here in PA. So...the bottom of the melter was getting pretty warm but the bowl was barely warm and the orange colored "bars" had not melted yet so I lifted it off and saw the lightbulb. It's not the candleabra bulb like I use...it's the small fat bulb and it was 25 watt. I checked my bulb yesterday...it blew out and that pissed me off since I didn't have another bulb the size that mine takes...it IS 40 watts. I put a 20 watt in my melter and it softened my tart but after 3 hours it was NOT melted. So I will be anxious to see what Cathy's results are. And...whatever scentsy scent was in the melter today...again...no throw at all unless you were right there by the table.

Cathy said the girl that hosted the party gave Kristin catalogs so she said...here...take one. I said well I am certainly not going to be buying anything and she said...I am not either...way too expensive.

I the catalog it says 20 Watt for mid size warmers and 25 watt for full size. The bulbs are $1.00 each.

I'm looking right now at the Scentsy Brick. It says net wt. 15 oz. and it is $8.00 the break apart bars are $5.00 each. The bars say 3.2 fl. ozs. and the net wt. is 2.6 ozs. Looking at the melters that have "bars" in them...every one is showing to melt 2 pieces. I sell my 1 oz. fluted tarts for $1.00 each. I have the 6 cavity clamshells and only poured in a few of them. I was asking $3.00 each since I figured you sould have to use 2 cubes to get a good throw.

I haven't had a chance to check out their fragrance selection. But...I did see Black Raspberry Vanilla. I checked out B&BW's website and they DO have all of their products trademarked and copyrighted. And it says that no one can use them and they WILL prosecute. Scentsy doesn't even give credit to them or say anywhere that it is a TYPE.

So...still not at all impressed with Scentsy.

Edited by Maggie
spelling

they just came out with 'pink sugar" type too. shocker.

At first I could see them using the same old scents that we use but you would think with the millions they make that they would have their own perfumist. Then come up with new scents like B&BW or Yank**.

Yes the prices are going to be way higher than ours because we aren't sharing our profits with consultants or their customers.

It bothers me that he acts like he invented the clamshell but I applaud him for making them more popular.