A Great Article About Wicks & the Very Scary Results of a Votive Test - Wow!

That "test" was absurd. In no way was it controlled. The woman was flying by the seat of her pants instead of doing prescribed timed testing, computing RoC, etc. Her "test" is a great example of nearly everything one should NOT do. Cudos to the cat.

Edited by Stella1952

I have always tested votives straight through from start to finish at one go. Have very seldom done timed interval burns with them. I figure most people will burn a votive for long periods of time, so that is what I do. Have never had any problems at all (Feather, Starburst and Featherburst wax). But I consider votives the easiest thing in the world: burn time, HT (and CT), making sure the glass doesn't get too hot is about all that I look for.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Wessex

The only thing that grabbed me was putting a hurricane glass over the votive while testing. None of my customers do that, so why test that way?

Other than that, ditto wessex.

Would the hurricane trap heat & make the candle get even hotter?

Diane in FL that reported that she is so safety concious - broke the first rule herself. NEVER leave a burning candle unattended. And for her to do that during a test where you don't know what is going to happen? Oh my!