I am going to do two limited addition scents for Xmas called autumn pear and sugar plum. (going to change the names though) as well as my usual Holiday Frost from CW and country bumpkin from NG. I really want a limited addition Fall scent like orange clove or apple jack and peel but don't like those names. Anyone have any unique names that could tell a story in 4 words or less. Ex- summer herb garden. It makes me automatically go to that memory.

Also I have a couple of fall citrus type scents already in my main yearly line-up so should I focus on a bakery scent instead. Would love all opinions. Good or what have you. Thanks! :-)

I like the apple jack idea for fall. Apples screem fall to me. Fresh Pressed Cider? September Harvest? Apple Picking Season . . . I'm sure you get the idea & I could probobly blather allong this line for quite awile.

Cloven orange seems more winter to me so that one's trickier. I could see the bakery scent as fall a little easier. Goes back to the harvest theme again . .

If you're doing a limited addition, what are you adding?

For limited editions, trying to imagine what an autumn pear is anyway, got a description?

Sugar plums, I thought, were winter. What ballet was it that has Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies? If it was the Nutcracker, I don't think that would work for a name.

Orange clove always reminds me of punch bowls with orange cloves (visual) but the scents never have punch in them it seems. You could call it Yuletide (add some pine needle to it) or Deck the Halls (and add pine and cinnamon maybe) ... on its own it's just a very boring name isn't it.

Edited by Scented

See, and I like the name "Autumn Pear". The word pear makes me think naturally of Pears, but Autumn Pears make me think of something more like a homey, slightly spicy, juicy pear. If you are going to use it for a Christmas scent though, I would change it to Holiday Pears or Yuletide Pear or something like that.

Apple Jack & Peel- Maybe something like Apple Harvest or Apples Jubilee?

For a bakery scent for Fall... maybe something like Rum Raisin Cake or Oatmeal Raisin Cookie? Or maybe Pumpkin Apple Bread? (equal parts of Pumpkin, Apple Cinnamon, and Zucchini Bread) OR even Pumpkin Apple Snickerdoodle! I love Fall. :)

Thanks guys! I really like those names! I had already saw somewhere that another person named her sugar plum scent "sugar Plum Fairy". I am for sure using that name. :-) For autumn pear I had the idea to call it "Partridge in a Pear Tree". What do you think of that?

As for Apple Jack & Peel maybe I use the "Jack" part as a play on words because my candles are called Jack Be Nimble.

Not sure if you are looking for a Christmas name for the NG Country Bumpkin scent, but it smells very similar to Dickens Christmas from Alabaster. I actually call the Dickens Christmas scent Country Bumpkin year round and then rename it Dickens Christmas around the holidays. HTH.

Not sure if you are looking for a Christmas name for the NG Country Bumpkin scent, but it smells very similar to Dickens Christmas from Alabaster. I actually call the Dickens Christmas scent Country Bumpkin year round and then rename it Dickens Christmas around the holidays. HTH.

Thanks Megan for the input but I think I'm really looking for another name for apple jack and peel. I don't know why I wrote all that other stuff. I just ramble. Like right now. Lol!

Not sure where you get your Apple Jack and Peel or what the main notes are, but some suggestions for a different name.

Autumn Apple Strudel

Spiced Apple Cider

Cinnamon Spiced Apples

Jack's Spiced Apples

Candy Apple

Apple Crumble or Apple Crisp - These might need more bakery notes to make sense.

Anyway, hth.

J

I am testing Apple Jack & Peel right now. I was thinking the same thing about the name- not my favorite. It smells so good though! I think Spiced Apple Cider is a great name for it, it fits the way it smells. I might use that one if its ok. :) Jack's Spiced Apples goes well with your biz name.

You might want to think about letting people know that whatever you decide to change Apple Jack 'n Peel to...the candles ARE AJ'nP. I have several customers that love Claire Burke's AJ'nP and KY's fragrance is as close to a dupe that I have found. Personally...I rarely change names of fragrances because people looking for a certain scent...are looking for that name when they look through your candles. I had someone come to my Christmas Open House who always burned Yank##'s Clean Cotton. My clean cotton FO was supposed to be a dupe of Yank##. As soon as she sniffed the candle she said...yepper this IS it. She ended up buying what I had and ordered more. If I had changed the name to something else...I would bet she wouldn't have thought it smelled like Yank##. People are strange....lol.

I had a customer at a craft show a few years ago smell my honeysuckle candles and told me that they didn't smell like honeysuckle. LMAO! I live in the mountain and honeysuckle grows wild all over the place. I think I know what honeysuckle smells like...and my candles smell just like honeysuckle. I have a friend that buys Wisteria candles all the time because her hubby loves the flowers. I had someone else tell me that my wisteria candles didn't smell like wisteria...lol. I told her about my best friend's hubby and she said that he must NOT know what wisteria smells like. Uhhhhhh...they have wisteria vines growing in their yard.

SuzyK- you certainly are welcome to use any of those names that you want. I love to share if I can. Hope you have lots of customers with it! :-)

Maggie- that is a good point u make. I may need to just keep the name as is. Also your customer stories are very funny. People are crazy sometimes! It's like "Who's the excerpt here? Not you!". But I would never say that out loud though. I just smile and nod :-)

Edited by jackbenimble