Has anyone had this happen?

I ordered a case of J223 from Cajun, and when I got it, the box was literally dripping water. I pulled all the slabs out, dried them off and cut them into about 1 pound chunks...left them for almost a month to make sure they were good and dry...made a huge batch of candles and there's wax in the bottom of my jars. Water must be within the wax, too....so, I called Cajun and she said that's a normal occurance and it's because of the cooling process and that what you have to do is melt the wax, let it cool, and pour the water out that has settled to the bottom. Now, for me, I don't have time to do that, and in the 3 years I've been making candles, and using J223, I've never had anything like this happen. This is the first time I've used Cajun for wax, and I've never had any problem like this with any of my other suppliers. They basically told me that I was going to have to eat the cost of this case of wax. Needless to say I will not be ordering from them again. I am soooo mad.

This happens alot. Even with other types of wax. Sometimes as the wax is made, the tubes that cool the wax springs a leak. I've never had a problem with using the wax. The water will settle to the bottom of the pouring pot. Mike & Pamela at Cajun are super people, if you just can't live with it, & want to pay to return it, I'm sure they will make it good. Personally, I'd use it.

Pam R

I don't remember who I talked to, the manager, she said...she was yelling at me by the end of the phone conversation, said she wouldn't reimburse me. I've never had this problem before, and she said they've only had it happen a few times, but still wouldn't do anything about it. I have a large pour pot, so I don't really know how I would suck or drain it out of the bottom. Not to mention, the 150 candles I made, didn't realize it had water within the wax until they cooled and I have this puddle at the bottom...she called it condensation, I can understand concensation, but this is a lot of water. Then when my husband called, Mike hung on up him, and IGI said it was cajun's problem.

Sheila, I really feel for you. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do. Do a search for water in wax. There have been lots of threads about this. I found it in a slab a few times, but not a whole case.

I am terribly surprised at the way Cajun is dealing with this.

e

:undecided

I don't remember who I talked to, the manager, she said...she was yelling at me by the end of the phone conversation, said she wouldn't reimburse me. I've never had this problem before, and she said they've only had it happen a few times, but still wouldn't do anything about it. I have a large pour pot, so I don't really know how I would suck or drain it out of the bottom. Not to mention, the 150 candles I made, didn't realize it had water within the wax until they cooled and I have this puddle at the bottom...she called it condensation, I can understand concensation, but this is a lot of water. Then when my husband called, Mike hung on up him, and IGI said it was cajun's problem.

I hate to say this to ya but it is normal during the summer months especially. Every year I go through this. The last 10 cases I got in Nov. were fine. The company cant reimburse you for something that is normal. Otherwise they would be owing me for one a lot of money. I do the same thing she suggested, I just melt it down and let it settle. I have a presto with a spigot, and the spigot sits about an inch from the bottom, so when it empties I just drain the remiang wax into a pour pot, and chunk the water out. I never noticed a diffrence in the finished product. Sorry I cannot help ya :undecided

Edited to add: Dont blame cajun, I get mine from BCS and I use astorlie j223. Sometimes I get more water than others, and yes it is ALOT of condensation.

I don't blame cajun for the water in the wax, I can't believe how common it seems to be and I've never had it happen...but...I do not like how we were treated by them, though, that's for sure...I mean the lady yelled at me and the guy hung up on my husband, that is just bad business practice. There are far too many candle suppliers out there to be treated like that. I would never, never treat my customers like that.

I don't blame cajun for the water in the wax, I can't believe how common it seems to be and I've never had it happen...but...I do not like how we were treated by them, though, that's for sure...I mean the lady yelled at me and the guy hung up on my husband, that is just bad business practice. There are far too many candle suppliers out there to be treated like that. I would never, never treat my customers like that.

Oh you are absolutely right. They should have NEVER treated you this way. That is very bad buisness. No matter what they should never ever yell at a customer, nor hang-up.

I used to order a lot of stuff from Cajun too, but had a few too many problems with them. At first they were OK, but after a while, I found that the customer service went downhill pretty quickly, so I don't use them anymore, with the exception of a few scents that I can't find anywhere else.

I can't believe what I'm hearing! I have been manufacturing candles for 5 years now and have never in the 5 years had any of my wax have condensation in it. Is this a normal thing because I've never received any pallets of wax that resemble what you guys are talking about.

Where do you live? If you dont live in the hot humid part of the country you wont see it :wink2:

P.S. There are only like at least 5 different plants around the states, so your plant may not have a hard time in the cooling process. She gets hers from LA I get mine from TX