Roller Bottle labels (standard 1/3 oz)

Can anyone tell me what size label fits 1/3 oz standard roller bottle. I am interested in the labels that wrap all the way around.

I guess I could measure it but I have googled until I was blue in the face just for a standard measurement and nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks. I will try that. But I just wanted a measurement to go by. I see hundreds of sellers that have roll on oils with prefect wrap around labels. But maybe no one wants to share their hard earned info.

I ordered labels from the supplier where I got my bottles. They are 1.8 x 1.8 and they don't wrap around completely. They don't even wrap around standard lip balm tube completely.

I'd still would like to know. I am lousy at measuring and I don't want to keep getting the wrong size. :confused:

I don't blame you! We actually sell roll-on perfume in 1/3 oz. roller bottles, but we don't use a "wrap" around label so I couldn't help you there. My NEXT "test" if I were you would be to "create a label" on your computer to the size you think it would be....like let's say 2.1" x 2.1" OR 2.1"L x 1.9" high....print it out, cut it to size, wrap it around and see what you've got.

Are you printing your own labels or are you ordering them printed? (You may have to "cut your own label" if you're printing them yourself which means you'd kind of have to go through some of this "trial and error" regardless......make sense?

For gosh sakes just cut a piece of paper larger than your bottle you are using and keep cutting it down to get the perfect size you are looking for. Then lay it on a ruler and measure the length and width. Count the lines between the inch numbers. If there are 8 spaces it is in eights of an inch. (3 spaces would be 3/8 of an inch) if it is 16 spaces its sixteenth of an inch. (3 spaces would be 3/16 of an inch) That gives you your size you want then you go to your label company and find the closest size label you can. If you have a business, you really need to know these kinds of things as it can be a bad reflection on more than just your products.

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate your help. Your friendly reply was very nice and helpful.

Bruce you are just rude. I just asked a question. I thought that's what this board is for. If you are annoyed by the question you didn't have to answer. And thanks for the insults.

Fortunately I found my answer from across the pond. A UK company had the answer I needed.

I guess I could measure it but I have googled until I was blue in the face just for a standard measurement and nothing.

I will try that............ But I just wanted a measurement to go by. I see hundreds of sellers that have roll on oils with prefect wrap around labels. But maybe no one wants to share their hard earned info. Bruce you are just rude. I just asked a question. I thought that's what this board is for. If you are annoyed by the question you didn't have to answer. And thanks for the insults.

See' date=' I didn't take Bruce's comment as insulting. Truthful, really. I've had to do the same thing....cut a piece of paper and measure...then cut....then measure...until I figured out the size label I want. Is it a PITB? Totally. Is it worth it in the end? Totally! You will get a label that you will enjoy and that will enhance your product. Only you know what size you need, so it probably is in your best interest to just bite the bullet and do it Bruce's way. It is in the best interest of your business to do it this way, because when I was new I bought a looooot of labels that I didn't need, thinking they would work. What a waste of money! It makes my head spin to think how much money I wasted this way! His advice is actually [i']saving you money, which you should be glad for. If it's sprinkled with a little bit of snark, then swallow it down and just chase it with a drink of gratitude. :) Edited by asheebeans

Hey Shannon, sorry you felt like Bruce was rude. :) I kind of know where you're coming from. Then again, I know where everyone else is coming from too. I have a hard time measuring/breaking things down myself. Like.....(here I'm going to make myself dumb) what technically when looking at a ruler is 1.8"? BUT to save myself that, I just plug that into my label program as a size....then, print and cut and see if it works. LOL Because I gather, what you're doing is looking somewhere like onlinelabels.com and trying to find a pre-cut label size that will fit...and they list their sizes like that sometimes which used to be hard for me to figure out too, and I didn't want to waste more money on labels like Ashee said. So I HAD to find a solution like I mentioned with my label program. I'm glad you found what you're looking for though. Good luck!

Once again, I already found my answer. (Thanks Rachel). I don't recall asking how to measure anything. I asked what size label people are using. And I get my head chopped off.

Last time I checked it doesn't cost a thing to be nice to somebody. I will think twice before I ask anything on this board again.

• 5 weeks later...
I don't blame you! We actually sell roll-on perfume in 1/3 oz. roller bottles, but we don't use a "wrap" around label so I couldn't help you there. My NEXT "test" if I were you would be to "create a label" on your computer to the size you think it would be....like let's say 2.1" x 2.1" OR 2.1"L x 1.9" high....print it out, cut it to size, wrap it around and see what you've got.

Are you printing your own labels or are you ordering them printed? (You may have to "cut your own label" if you're printing them yourself which means you'd kind of have to go through some of this "trial and error" regardless......make sense?

Rach,

I've been wanting to do this along with my candles. Do you just bottle the FO or is there an additive i should be adding to it? So funny, my husband and I were just talking about this last night.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, dsipp you can not, not, NOT sell straight FO in a bottle to be used for perfume. It has GOT to be mixed with a carrier oil. You also need to make sure the FO you are using is skin safe. Since I'm assuming you just do candles right now, some of the FO's you use might not be skin safe. The supplier should inform you as to whether it's skin safe or not. You also need to follow the guidelines as to how much is skin safe. But to answer your question as to how to make a roller ball perfume, I use FCO as my carrier oil. Depending on the skin safe % of the FO I have gone up to 24% FO/ 75% FCO. I've also used jojoba oil as the carrier, but the price of jojoba has totally made it not worth the cost. Cyclo also can be used as a carrier oil for a perfume, but personally I prefer the oil.. HTH!

At the risk of hijacking this thread, dsipp you can not, not, NOT sell straight FO in a bottle to be used for perfume. It has GOT to be mixed with a carrier oil. You also need to make sure the FO you are using is skin safe. Since I'm assuming you just do candles right now, some of the FO's you use might not be skin safe. The supplier should inform you as to whether it's skin safe or not. You also need to follow the guidelines as to how much is skin safe. But to answer your question as to how to make a roller ball perfume, I use FCO as my carrier oil. Depending on the skin safe % of the FO I have gone up to 24% FO/ 75% FCO. I've also used jojoba oil as the carrier, but the price of jojoba has totally made it not worth the cost. Cyclo also can be used as a carrier oil for a perfume, but personally I prefer the oil.. HTH!

Lauran,

Thank you for your response. You are correct, I only make candles right now. The reason I asked is because I believe most FO suppliers dilute the FO some. Some places you can get Ultra concentrated, or a higher grade of FO from the stardard. This lead me to believe that they must be diluting it a bit. I read that DPG can be used as a carrier oil but i thought that was what you put in the reed diffusers. Where can I purchase the FCO.

When I first started out I tried using DPG as a carrier oil.. Yuck, don't recommend it... It's OILY. You can get FCO at lotsa places.. wsp, thesage are two off the top of my head. I don't use a whole lot of suppliers, but I imagine alot of them carry it. I got my roller bottles from lotioncrafter and they're great. Haven't had a single one leak on me *knock on wood* lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use printmaster for all my labels, found a person who makes labels for specific bnb packaging. I think I spent like $3.50 for her roll on tube template, change it in printmaster with my info and logo, print out on a full 8.5x11 waterproof sticker sheet, cut out and round off the sides with a scrapbook corner thingy. Works wonderfully and looks very professional.