2.8 inch diameter pillar mold?

I have some Libby Status jars that I want to use outside in sconces but my 3" pillars don't fit. I have seen, in the stores, pillars that are 2.8 inches but I have not seen any molds of that size. Does anyone know of a source?

Thanks

I don't know where a mold this size is available, but it would not be difficult to make one's own mold. I found that one could order a custom wood dowel from a place like this:

http://www.premierwood.com/wood-dowels-14-to-12-diameter-c10015.htm

and then use silicon rubber molding material to make a mold, like this:

http://www.smooth-on.com/Candlemaking/c1237/index.html

I have one that I bought locally but the company is now out of business........and you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers. :grin2:

ETA: sorry, misread - mine is 2.5"

Edited by Pam W

Candle Cocoon sells 2.5 inch pillar molds, both 3.5 and 6.5 inches tall. Warning: I have a few of these and they are very thin metal, thinner than the "standard" aluminum pillar molds that are readily available through many suppliers.

Candle Cocoon sells 2.5 inch pillar molds, both 3.5 and 6.5 inches tall. Warning: I have a few of these and they are very thin metal, thinner than the "standard" aluminum pillar molds that are readily available through many suppliers.

Thanks Camay. I'd really like to have a couple more of this size. They come in handy when making pillar sets. The edge of the one I have got bent(banged it on the counter once to often!) so I took it to a metal shop and they cut it down by about a 1/2" so I could still use it...