Wicking a 3" sq. mason jar

I found a thread on the old board talking about using cottons for 3” jars. I am in the process of changing from a 3 ½ Keepsake jar to a 3” dia. 8 oz. sq. mason jar and 16 oz. sq. mason jar. I have been unable to get a good consistent burn with either double HTP52 (too much) or a single HTP1212 (not big enough) wick, in either of the jars. I have many wicks at home that I can try, LX, CD and RRD, and have just ordered a cotton sampler pack from Peak. The CD’s are basically the same as the HTP, but has anyone had any luck with the RRD, LX or cotton wicks in these jars? Had no problems wicking the 3 ½” jars, but am having real issues with these 3” jars.

I've been using these jars (the 8 oz. square mason - I've only tested the 16 oz. square mason quite a while ago), and I use mostly a 62c wick, sometimes I can get by with a 60c wick but that's not much. The only complaints I have on the cotton is they mushroom pretty bad but I get an awesome scent throw with these. I've tested MANY wicks and keep going back to the cottons so... :confused: I also used a 62c on the 16 oz. square mason jars but I didn't like them because when they get down so far it's really hard to trim the wick so I'm working on double-wicking an apothecary jar.

My customers love the 8 oz. square mason jars. They last for a pretty long time, they say by the time they're gone, they're ready for a different fragrance. :)

HTH

Deb