Moon Lake Musk Fragrance Twin

Monvi33

I love this fragrance from CS, but I have a policy that if I can get it to burn good after 3 testers I move on. I have allowed this one to get to 5 and I have to stop myself before I go crazy. Does anyone know if Peak's Moolight path is similar? or does anyone know of another scent that is similar. It sort of smells to me like a new age store with the incense and herbs. I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for everyones help in advance.

I'm not sure about the Peaks, but, any of the ones I've seen called Moonlight Path are dupes of the Bath & Body Works scent. And it's nowhere near Moon Lake Musk. I do have one from Cierra called Woodstock 69. I'll have to check oob to see if they are similiar in smell. I've not done anything with either one in candles. I've only made air fresheners with the Woodstock.

Here's a descrip of it.....

Woodstock '69 fragrance oil for candles, potpourri, and soap. The ultimate hippie fragrance blend! A rich, beautiful blend, with an earthy hint of patchouli and sweet smell of nag champa. Very popular!

Woodstock 69 and Moon Lake Musk are not the same at all.

I'm sorry Moon Lake Musk from CS isn't working out for you. Throws great and lasts a long time in my tarts. Will admit, though, it is not a good seller at all. I'm going to make a bunch to send out as free samples with orders and if sales don't pick up after that, I'm pulling it.

MLM from Candlescience isn't hugely popular for me either, but the ones that do love it, they REALLY LOVE it & order in large amounts. Haven't found this scent's double anywhere else.

Edited by marcuset

What I do with Moon Lake Musk, which I love and in incense is the bomb, is that I mix it with another floral like Bulgarian rose and vanilla etc.

It does throw fine for me straight but no one really cares for it like I do. Try mixing it with some different things and see if that helps the throw!

I use 415 soy.

Comparing the two, I think there are some similiarities, but they are different scents. Of course I am comparing MLM in wax and Moonlight Path OOB, so that may make a bit of difference. I suck at verbalizing scent descriptions, but I would say that the MLM is a much more subtle "musk" scent, whereas the MP is more like a "cologne" type smell. Told you I suck at scent descriptions! But they might be closer if the MP was in wax. But I would say the MLM is more pleasing to me (thus it is in wax and the MP is not, LOL). Hope this is a bit helpful, sorry I can't explain it better.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for everyone's help. I am thinking I will just offer it in melts and maybe the warmer oil. We'll see how popular the melts are at the grand opening and if they are then I will work on getting it wicked. It's probably going to end up just being me who loves it...so I will just make a bunch for my personal use :)