How many items to bring to craft show?

Guest PassionSunKiss

Guest PassionSunKiss

At the end of this month I will be participating in my very first craft fair. I sell body butters and I was just wondering how many jars should I bring? I will be offering 10 different fragrances (I cut it down from 15). The VP director of the fair said that there are going to be about 30 vendors and are expecting 4000 people to attend. There may be more because this is a Mother's Day inspired craft fair. Any suggestion? Thanks so much!

It's really hard to say. Here's my thoughts and how I usually approach shows... you can't sell what you don't have. Body Butters are not as heavy as candles and can be stacked in whatever you are using to transport them in. Me, I'd take everyone I had... unless you have 100 of each scent. That might be too much..lol Good luck with your show and take some pics for us!! :smiley2:

It's really hard to say. Here's my thoughts and how I usually approach shows... you can't sell what you don't have. Body Butters are not as heavy as candles and can be stacked in whatever you are using to transport them in. Me, I'd take everyone I had... unless you have 100 of each scent. That might be too much..lol Good luck with your show and take some pics for us!! :smiley2:

agreed- bring everything you can. You dont need to display it all, I always keep a bulk of it under my table and restock as needed- and it is true that people often feel some urge to buy if they feel like things are running out... It always happens that when I'm down to my last 3 jars of a scent, those are the jars that sell..

I hate to say the traditional: bring as much as you can, but it is true. First look at your costs, make sure you bring enough product to cover your costs- you cant sell it if you don't bring it! Then realistically look at your booth space. If I can fit it in my truck, I bring it. We recently started bringing all our scents to shows and it is working for us, although it is a lot more work.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Also, make sure to look at other booths for set up ideas, we are constantly changing our dispalys!:P