CS honeysuckle VS Peak honeysuckle???

felixncharlie

My order from CS will be here tomorrow, and Honeysuckle is the first tester I plan to pour.

I have tried several Honeysuckles over the years and the only one I ever found to be true was the one Brenda in TX carried. I had pretty much given up on finding a good one, so I'm hoping this one fills the bill.

Sorry, I won't be able to give you a comparison, but I'll let you know what I think of this one from CS. I know what Honeysuckle smells like; I have a mass of it under my bedroom window.

I've got both Peak's and CS honeysuckle. Have never poured the Peak's, OOB it has a sort of "off" scent, hard to describe, but just kinda "spicy" instead of floral. The CS honeysuckle is definately very floral, almost "sweetly" so. I have put it in soy tarts and GG Palm containers. Very strong in the palm and true to the OOB smell. In soy it is a tiny bit more muted, but still fairly strong. This is all from CT, I have not tested the tarts or candles yet. IMO, the CS Honeysuckle is a keeper. Hope the customer think so!

Cheers,

Steve

Who is Brenda?

the only one I ever found to be true was the one Brenda in TX carried. .

I use KY's BBW type and mix with JS which is a super strong realistic type HS. Together they don't seem to offend either type of customer. I hate both scents individually and together but I'll make it if they'll buy it! I wish I had ordered a sample of CS's but I didn't. Got one from Fillmore but my sniffer is on the fritz from a cold so I don't smell much from it.

I got the one from CS today and OOB it has kind of a koolaid kinda smell to it. Atleast that's what it made me think of when I sniffed it. I've not used the one from Peaks, I use the one from JS and people love it. Every new person that sees I have Honeysuckle tells me that they can't find one that's true to scent (from other candlemakers) so they say lets see if your is... and they always say it's absolutely true to scent and they always buy. I personally am not a Honeysuckle fan, but, customers love it.

Just a heads up...just started test burning the CS Honeysuckle in GG palm and it is throwing like crazy after only 20 minutes with a small melt pool. The honeysuckle soy tarts I have had curing for about 3 days are going in the back of the house and seem to be throwing pretty well. Hopefully the tarts will last 2-3 days.

Cheers,

Steve

I got my CS order today and sniffed everything, but I can't give an opinion. I was in the process of making some very spicy chai/pumpkin candles and my nose was already fried before I started sniffing.

I'll try to get around to pouring a tester tomorrow. Or if I stay up late tonight, maybe I'll pour it tonight and start burning it tomorrow. But first, the house has to clear itself of that incredibly strong stuff I was fooling with.

I just received the Honeysuckle from CS and out of the bottle it smells divine. I have tried the honeysuckle from Peaks, Aroma Haven, Bluegrass and NG and although none of the others are bad, they didn't seem to wow my honeysuckle loving customers and that includes my sister who considers it her favorite all time fragrance. However, I was determined to find the perfect version and this one for me may just be it...at least OOB, I can't wait to test it on soap and my B&B products.

ok, I detest oob reviews, but.........

Not me. I have found that most of the time, the OOB smells exactly like the FO does in MP, perfumes or in lotion- with little or no change. For CP, an OOB review is not too important.

The honeysuckle soy tart has been going for 12 hours and is still throwing pretty good, but the scent has changed to a little "soapy". Don't know how to describe it, it still smells like honeysuckle, but almost like a haircare product or something. Still like it, but it has morphed a bit. The GG palm honeysuckle container candle is on it's second 4 hour test burn and still doing well, no morphing of scent. The tart is on an OBI 2-in-1 warmer and maybe it is getting a bit hot for this FO.

Cheers,

Steve

SliverOfWax, you are so right. oob, it smells nothing like honeysuckle. I will wax it to see if it smells more like honeysuckle. My husband smelled the honeysuckle and said it did smell like honeysuckle and it was way to sweet. We'll see.

Bummer...glad i didn't order the honeysuckle then. I still have yet to find one that smells true to me. I have 5 honeysuckle vines in my yard....I love honeysuckle. Sadly I can not find one that is true enough. May have to try the ones from JS or MC.

May have to try the ones from JS

lol, good luck with that.

The brother (relative) of Brenda who had the good Honeysuckle...he took over some of her scents, I think. They he went oob and sold to someone else, but it didn't register with me since I didn't much care.

If anyone here knows the name of the place (I've seen it here somewhere), that might be a good starting point. They're in TX.

I know this sounds like a riddle, but I don't pay attention to business names unless I've had very good luck with them or, in the case of JS, very BAD luck.

There's got to be a good one out there somewhere. If you do order from MC, let us know. I don't plan to order in the foreseeable future, but if I were ordering, I would certainly throw some money out there to at least try her Honeysuckle.

I live in the town that Greenleaf use to be. To bad they still aren't around. The only 2 close that I can think of is either Southwest Candle Supply or Taylor Concepts. I had emailed SCS about a type of wax they had & if it complared to Greenleaf's 70/30 but she said she didn't know, so not to sure if they are the one's that bought them out. Haven't tried either of their fragrances so can't help you there.

ok then, JS is not a really good place to try? I was going to order the one from JS and MC. Ahhhhhhh, just wish I could find a good one.

There are mixed reviews on this supplier. Some seem to absolutely hate JS and others not so much. Her FO's are just like anywhere else can be hit or miss, depending on your wax. I personally use her Honeysuckle and all the honeysuckle lovers out there absolutely love it. In fact it is always a top seller in fundraisers for me. I'm not personally a fan of any florals at all but people love this one.