iphone or itouch

vberkesch

Do you have mobile internet service on your Itouch or just wireless service off your home internet? My Ipod Touch only has wireless via my house service so that doesn't help me on the road but I also have a Droid with mobile data/internet service. I do not have an Ipad (can use my droid as a mobile hotspot or hubby's wireless device for internet on my regular laptop) but I believe without the mobile service via your cell phone carrier you will not have internet at shows unless they happen to have WiFi you can access.

To back up what mparadise said, it all depends on what type of service is available at the location. The first year I did a large craft festival, I used the WiFi that was available. In my area, I rented had to pay $5/day for access to WiFi that a Frontier offered in my area. Before paying for it, I brought a laptop to the location, and made sure I had a signal. For the past several shows, I have used my Android phone with the Square device to handle my CC transactions. Again, I went to the locations, and made sure I had a good Cellphone signal. I would think that you are safer with using your iPhone if you have one (or if your iPad has 3G), then you should be OK. Using an open WiFi signal isn't always reliable or available, whereas a smartphone is "usually" a safer bet, since you should have either WiFi and/or Cellular service available.