Has anyone checked Authorize.net for security??

SherriLynn

This question has been posted on at least 2 of the links talking about security breach although, has not been answered.

Has someone contacted www.authorize.net... to see if they have a problem there? I posted last week, that in 2006, this company had a large security problem... is this perhaps another one??????

Edited by SherriLynn

I had an Authorized.net account for many years including 2006 I never had a single problem. Even if someone broke into my Authorized.net account they would not see my customers' credit card number and neither could I.

I think this has to do with an expired Security Certificate.

When you enter your credit card info on the checkout page you are still on the supplier's web site that page needs to be encrypted and I remember someone on this board saying that one of the supplier had an expired security certificate.

I think we need to check if any supplier just renewed their security certificate.

Thanks Annie.... definately makes sense about the security certificate... hopefully this can get remedied soon...

Only reason I asked was my folks store uses authorize. back in 2006, they were hit with part of that breach.... Security though has tightened up all over and they haven't had a problem since then...