Marble Soy

It's alot different than what we do with the candles but I've played with that process also. One thing to mention when doing that with soy is it will not stop blending. What looks great when you do it can look like crap in a month and vice versa.

www.coyercandles.com

Edited by Scotty

It's alot different than what we do with the candles but I've played with that process also. One thing to mention when doing that with soy is it will not stop blending. What looks great when you do it can look like crap in a month and vice versa.

www.coyercandles.com

Scotty: So, do you have to make sure all your candles get bought & burned within 30 days of being poured? :shocked2:

One thing to mention when doing that with soy is it will not stop blending. What looks great when you do it can look like crap in a month and vice versa.

I make marbled container candles with NatureWax C3 which do not require using within a month. The color and pattern doesn't change over time unless frosting is a problem. Frosting will "eat up" the color, so it's best to learn how to discourage frosting in ones soy candles before one attempts to marble. Otherwise, the candle's color, color patterns and texture may be impacted. Not sure if "crap" is accurate, but cottage cheese comes to mind... ;) There's nothing sorrier-lookin' than a soy-based candle with cellulite... :undecided If one is using a high FO load or adding oils to their soy wax, that can cause the colors to "bleed" excessively.

Sometimes, I marble-ize with liquid dye on a bamboo skewer. Other times, I pour a base color, allow it to partially set up, then stir in a contrasting color. The cool thing about making a contrasting color is that you can use any type of dye that suits you - you don't have to use liquid dye. Be sure to make the contrasting color(s) pretty dark so that when it mixes with the lighter colored wax, it'll still offer a lot of contrast and not be consumed by the base color. Don't stir too much with either of these methods - this will simply distribute the color more evenly and spoil the marbled effect. HTH :)