which is the hottest?

A wick is a piece of material that conveys liquid by capillary action. In the matter of a candle wick, it is a device that facilitates the burning of the liquid.

If you are after the pyrotechnics of the hottest wick, most likely you are really looking for the hottest liquid that will burn through wicking action.

Napalm will wick just fine (gel wax) but I doubt anyone here will provide a recipe.

You can go research flame height (FH) and pool diameter (MP) and draw your own conclusions.

Should I be wearing an asbestos suit for the next week or two?

lol eric i read your post earlier and i can relate with you 100 percent on people making the assumption about chandlers being women or just gay men lmao. my wife and myself just recently got into this hobby and we both really enjoy it and it helps us spend time together. as for my question i think you may have helped answer it a lil bit i just gotta go google the devil out of flame height and meltpool a different way. i have been trying to wick a couple different containers this week and have not found a wick that will give me a full meltpool on one of my containers so i thought i need a hotter wick........i am going to go back to good ole google and get my reading on thanks for the info on how i need to go about finding my answer i have been googling which is the hottest lol

I'll make it a bit easier for you.

http://www1.stimpson.com/~stimpson/WicksUnlimited.pdf

That pdf has the estimated ROC/FH/MP of each wick based on the manufacturer's info. There are several manufacturers and we have no idea what wax they used, but most indicated some sort of paraffin (soy and palm need bigger wicks).

It might be a reference for you based on what you are currently using.

If we knew what wax and container size and wick you were using (and FO amount and additives and dyes), we might be able to offer an opinion or two. Remember, opinions are like behinds. Everyone has one.

Edited by EricofAZ

lol ok eric i searched that link and gave those people a call and they are very helpfull and even offered to send me some free samples of what they thought would work. they are sending me some eco wicks. the only thing that confuses me is when i was placing my order with lonestar and asked them about the problems i was having they said eco wouldnt work and suggested papercore wicks.......so needless to say i have papercore and eco wicks on the way.... i swear if i ever get this container figured out im not going to try any others for a while lmao. thanks for all your help

I am working with some 3 1/2" containers with the Ecosoya Advanced soy wax and am having luck with the HTP wicks, the 1212 or 1312 might be a thought. Peaks sells a nice sample pack. So far, most of the suggested wicks I've seen on website (even the Candle Science wick calculator) seem to describe paraffin burns and not soy (even if they say so). I have not checked everywhere. For me, the best idea was to get the sample packs have at it. For a large candle like yours, doing melts and re-pours sounds tedious so I'd consider pouring with no wick, insert a needle and make a hole when cool and just insert your test wick (no bases) and burn for a while. If it is no good, pull it out and insert another one.