Has anyone tried...............

I have heard that with Lifelock, they shut down your credit. Meaning they "lock" it by acting as if it's been shut down. So if you want to go apply for anything that requires a credit check, or would require them to report the item to a credit agency, you have to go thru a process of "re-opening" your credit each time. Kind of a pain I suppose, but totally secure since it's locked up. I'm pretty sure I've heard that you can only do this a certain number of times, though - and I can't remember where I heard that. The problem is that it won't do you any good if your concern is about credit that your currently have open, it only will protect you as far as people trying to open new lines of credit in your name.

Hope that helps a little bit.

I've heard that their protection services aren't all that they are cracked up to be and that some of their services you may already have or can do on your own. Also from what I've heard they are a waste of money for the minimal amount of protection you pay for. A lot of this was exposed right after the CEO's personal ID was hacked. Remember he was the one that put that add out with his SSN on it. Once his ID was used lots of media ran articles on tv, the internet, and radio about how his service was exposed and what you are really paying. Turns out not so much or at least not the total protection image they are marketing it as.

Donald Trump had one of his apprentice shows centered on his service but I think there has already been too much damage by the media.

My DH got Lifelock after fraud on a credit card he had for a really long time. We cancelled the credit card and he joined Lifelock afterwards. We didn't hear anything from Lifelock or the old credit card company and one day got a call from a collection agency. We ended up calling the old credit card company, it turned out someone called and REOPENED out account that we closed because of fraud. The credit card company didn't try to call us or anything to verify anything. This card was reopened and they changed the address so the bills and new cards would not come to our house. It was an fake address in a New Orleans neighborhood abandoned after Katrina! We called Lifelock, they told us they couldn't help us because it wasn't new fraud! It was an old (existing) account that was reopened.

My DH closed the Lifelock account and told them they were falsely advertising their services. We got some of our yearly payment back and called it quits. What use is it to have a service like this when they don't help you like they advertise? what a bunch of smucks. Don't waste your money.