Staus jar questions

I am thinking about changing my jars to the status jar. Which size sells best for you? I am stuck between ordering the 8oz. or the 12oz. or both. I currently carry a 5oz. and 10oz. similar jar, and sales are about the same for each size. Also, I was wondering when it says "capacity" 6oz. on the 8oz. size is that filling it only up to about 1/2 inch from the top or all the way to the top? Thanks!

When I was thinking of using the status jar I tested with both the 8 and 12 oz. The fill capacity has more to do with the amount of wax you can put in the container and still allow the lid to fit without hitting the wax. The jars are beautiful containers but I had two issues with them - 1) They're pretty expensive and, 2) They're heavy which adds to shipping costs.

HTH

I have made some testers with the 8 oz Status, and pouring 1/2 inch below top gave me a weight of 6.05 ozs. If I made them for sale, I would fill a little higher and it would probably be closer to 6.2 ounces. I do not sell the 8 oz, but the 12 oz Status sells pretty well for me. I use a glass top for the 12 ounce. I only sell locally at the moment, so shipping is not an issue.

Cheers,

Steve

post-12326-139458477392_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wessex

Thanks for replying Steve. By weight do you mean actual wax weight? I guess I would like to know the fluid oz. you use for each of those sizes because different waxes will produce different volumes. Does that make sense? Like will it hold 6oz. from a measuring cup?

It is the actual weight of wax. Using palm, I always get the same weight when I pour to a particular line. While different FO's may take up different liquid volume for the same weight, it does not change the finished candle weight (enough to measure).

Cheers,

Steve