I can't tell anybody else this...

I've been making soy candles for almost 10 years now. I just bought some mottling paraffin off the classies, and HOLY CRAP do I love this wax!!!!!

I'm going to hoard it, LOL

If my customers only knew.... :tiptoe:

Seriously though - I may venture into the world of paraffin - never had anything against it anyway...

I've been making soy candles for almost 10 years now. I just bought some mottling paraffin off the classies, and HOLY CRAP do I love this wax!!!!!

Seriously though - I may venture into the world of paraffin - never had anything against it anyway...

OK now, I have been making them for the same amount of time. What kind is it? I love the look, now I want some.

It's R2542 - by Morris wax, I believe.

I love the look - made a couple of pillars and some votives with it. It isn't a one pour wax, but it seems to be pretty easy to wick and the cold and hot throw are very good so far.

Something new to play with :cheesy2:

Now I have to find out where to get more...

I'm in your boat :laugh2:Don't tell and I won't. Congrats and we want pics please.

Oh you just had to post this!! I was just looking into getting some mottling wax today and had all but talked myself out of it and then you go and post this and make me want it all over again. Bunch of enablers, lol.

Oh you just had to post this!! I was just looking into getting some mottling wax today and had all but talked myself out of it and then you go and post this and make me want it all over again. Bunch of enablers, lol.

Hi, my name is Eric and I'm a reformed candleholic. I spent thousands on this hobby in the last year and all I have to show for it is a soot blackened ceiling and a crazy cat named Einstein. I'm OK with this, I'm over the addiction, but Einstein still needs help.

Ok, so the 1274 for me seems to look and burn well in 3x4 pillars but sweats over a 6 percent FO load. I'm going to try the GenWax mottling and maybe try to add the pareoil to the IGI pillar wax to get the same effect.

Well, my first ones really aren't much to look at - I'll post some pics maybe this weekend. I'm working a few days in a row.

I did notice that the wax doesn't hold as much FO as my soy wax. My pillar sweated a little. Very good throw, though.

It's just fun to play with something new..

I think I'm probably going to add some pillars to my line.