Looking for a supplier

8-GRAN-ONES

i found it...Miami Erie Candle Supply...

i put in mimi candle supply in google search..

and it said do you mean..and gave different options..

and there is was..just what i was looking for..

i am looking for a good sugar cookie fo..

and remembered they had one, i wanted to try..

I recently found out that Miami Erie owns Front Porch Candle. Nice deal, supplier is also a direct competitor of its own clients. I always wondered how Front Porch could afford to always have free shipping. Well, that's easy when you are also the supplier and everything is at cost.

I did purchase from them before I knew this but I didn't order the Sugar Cookie so no review.

I will not order from them again. Don't need to provide sales to a supplier who competes with their customers.

Incase you didn't read this, here is another thread about this business/competitor.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96749&highlight=miami+erie

I also refuse to buy from a supplier that can sell much cheaper and offer free shipping, that takes business from her own customers. To many other suppliers out there.!!!

Edited by leisa2003
added

I have been testing quite a few of their oils and the ones I have tested have performed extremely well in 415.

I have switched to their Sugar Cookie as well as their Hot Apple Pie and Banana Nut Muffin.

Have added...Apple Mango Tango, Cinnamon Bread, Blueberry Bread, Prairie Kitchen, Pink Sugar, Vanilla & Oak to my line and will be adding more of their scents as I test.

Have not been disappointed in a scent yet.

Great customers service too!!

I recently found out that Miami Erie owns Front Porch Candle. Nice deal, supplier is also a direct competitor of its own clients. I always wondered how Front Porch could afford to always have free shipping. Well, that's easy when you are also the supplier and everything is at cost.

I did purchase from them before I knew this but I didn't order the Sugar Cookie so no review.

I will not order from them again. Don't need to provide sales to a supplier who competes with their customers.

I think there are a few supplies here that also sell candles...Day Star, The Candle Soure, I know there are a few more. I guess I don't have a problem with buying from a supplier who also sells candles. In a strange way, at least to me, its good to know that the fo's they sell they are also using in their own product. IDK...I don't see it as issue, if they make a good candle , great for them, as long as the fo I buy works for me.:)

Edited by lsbennis
wanted to add, that I use their Sugar Cookie and love it!

Do you know the name of the candle companies of Day Star and TCS? Thanks

I think there are a few supplies here that also sell candles...Day Star, The Candle Soure, I know there are a few more. I guess I don't have a problem with buying from a supplier who also sells candles. In a strange way, at least to me, its good to know that the fo's they sell they are also using in their own product. IDK...I don't see it as issue, if they make a good candle , great for them, as long as the fo I buy works for me.:)

I don't know the name of Daystar but The Candle Source uses their name at craft shows and the candle business(storefront) they have in Ohio.I know nothing about Oregon.

The Candle Source also sell supplies at a flea market on weekends.

LynnS

I think sometimes the supplier position gets started as an offshoot of being a producer. You make a product, start buying supplies in bulk, then sell off the excess. I briefly considered it locally, but didn't want to deal with a bunch of upstarts trying their hand at candles and soaps then going into business after a week. :cheesy2:

And God help us all, if all suppliers went to selling products instead of just supplies. I live in Ohio and I make sure that I do NOT rent a booth where TheCandleSource sells their candles,..I could never sell a 8 oz. candle for $3.00 or less.

Same with Miami Erie,..in Ohio as well, If she were to do craft shows,.. I'm done. I can't compete with their lower prices on candles because they can make it so much less than I can, because they are suppliers.

Each of these suppliers are within 1/2 hour to 1 hour of me.

Edited by leisa2003

Early American Candle Supplies have their own line of candles called "Soy Organic Candle"; they sell them right on their supplier website. Another one that comes to mind is Candle Supplies by Farmhouse; their candles are called "FarmHouse Candles"; they have a different website for ordering them.

Yes, same owners. I am very glad that they started up again. Snowtop was sold to ICS; awesome quality oils. Unfortunately, many of the Snowtop oils were discontinued by ICS.

Edited by Candlebuddy