Air Freshener

Deke

Hi,

I bought a car air freshener at a craft fair. It is unique in that is flexible yet almost hard as a lollipop. I would like to make some to send to some troops in Iraq. I have experimented with parafin and gel mix but it still breaks or is too sticky. Anyone have a good recipe for this type of scent thing?

Thanks

Yeah, they're probably aroma or sachet beads. The cheapest I've found is at WSP, but BCN also carries them. You just put 4 tablespoons of beads and 1 tablespoon of FO into a container...mix them around every few hours until they're dry to the touch- then bake them in the oven for a few minutes and voila! Car fresheners!!!

Folks,

Thanks for all the help. I figured out from doing a web search and the results are better than I hoped.

I think the troops in Iraq who plan to hang them in their hummers will appreciate them a great deal. The scent they ask for the most is Baby Powder and Vanilla Cookie based on candles I have sent them. I figure I can accomdate them. Some of them want "Whataburger and Fries" smell. Haven't got that one down yet.

I do not think this forum allows me to go into detail on how they are made and what I used to make them. However, they are super simple, kind of ugle, but simple.

That is how I get my kicks. Just making stuff for the troops. Some that served under me in the Texas Gaurd.

Whoop!

Deke

Thanks for that. I tried melting some of the stove top. That don't work. Any tips on the oven temp, type of pan, length, etc?

Thansk

Get some cookie cutters different designs, bake in oven at 350 degrees for 8 - 9 minutes. Been making these for over a year and people always come back for more. :wink2: good luck I use a wooden skewer (lol @ sp) to even them out in the cookie cutter

oh make sure you have a fan running near your smoke alarm or it'll go off when you open oven :laugh2: