What happened with this candle?

The pics were taken after a 3-hr burn. Apothecary (I think it's either a 10 or 12oz. from WSP) double wicked with two 44z, no dye. FO is Fairy Garden (MW). It's a 50/50 wax, with 1.2oz. FO pp.

The last two pictures were taken after I poured the liquid wax out. Should I have double wicked with a 51z instead? Good throw but the wicks came really close to drowning; think they would have if I hadn't poured out the wax :sad2:

post-11226-139458476886_thumb.jpg

post-11226-13945847689_thumb.jpg

post-11226-139458476894_thumb.jpg

post-11226-139458476897_thumb.jpg

See that white ash on your wicks? I've had that happen to some of my zincs after one burn...and they were pitiful...barely a flame. I read on here about some other people having an issue with the zincs too, not sure what thread...did a search and came across it....figured maybe it was a bad batch? I switched to htp.

here ya go...read this link

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78305

Edited by debratant
added link

Your pics of the white ash / clogged wicks look like what I have dealt with using zinc wicks, the 50/50 blend of 464 & 4630 and TOO MUCH FO. I've found reducing the FO % is the key. 1.2 oz PP is what I use for most FO's but heavier oils will drown out for me like the pics you posted. I have found that I need to go down to 0.8 - 1.0 oz PP and then I'll get a good burn with a great HT.

Right now I am testing apothecary jars too but do not like to double wick so I am single wicking with a 60z for most oils and getting a great even burn. I am testing Spicy Apples n Peaches from TCS and used a 62z with 1.2 oz PP and it isn't burning at all. White ashing and drowning out . . I kicked myself because I forgot to back off on the FO as my notes stated with other jar sizes now I have to re-test the dang thang :rolleyes2

Edited by Brenda (OH)

Ravens...I would first do what Brenda suggested and back down the fo because she dealt with this issue with your blend. I use comfort blend only. I believe I've double wicked that jar with htp fifty two...sorry to spell numbers. Number keys don't work on laptop lol.

Right now I am testing apothecary jars too but do not like to double wick so I am single wicking with a 60z for most oils and getting a great even burn. I am testing Spicy Apples n Peaches from TCS and used a 62z with 1.2 oz PP and it isn't burning at all. White ashing and drowning out . . I kicked myself because I forgot to back off on the FO as my notes stated with other jar sizes now I have to re-test the dang thang :rolleyes2

I wick up x 2 with SA&P.