How to work with irregular molds

cedar_lea

So I'm getting ready to start playing with molds. I've got some bars, wich make sense, & some square shaped ones that stand on thier own & that makes sense . . . And then there's these rounded heart shaped ones that I think would be great for a first pouring, but are rounded.

What do I do with those? Do I need to build a framework so they will stay level when I pour and let them solidfy?

Sounds like you are improvising with molds you found. I don't have any soap molds I purchased that don't sit level.

So.... do you have a large shallow box or tray? You can put dried beans in it or play sand to lay the mold in. To make sure its level you can eyeball it but to be precise use a leveller.

They're some stuff I got from someone on here in classifieds.

I can probobly find something I can set the edges on or build something I was just wanting to check that there wasn't something I was missing before I went about trying to figure out what works. I was thinking that a glass or bowl might even work, but I'm a little concerned about the weight factor