best throwing wax?

I guess it depends on your definition of ''active''. I learned everything I know about candlemaking from this forum and I make a pretty damn good candle. When I was new, I did ask a few questions but mostly I read and read, searched and searched but I certainly did not expect anyone to spoon-feed me.

If you don't like it here, you can move on to a more active forum.

Same here :tiptoe:

I LOVE this board!!! Everyone was so helpful in giving me tips along the way and I did LOTS of reading and posting at first, but now I am sooo busy w/ our candles and my other job and being a mom,etc etc, Im not on here as much:(. I used to work 7p-7a and get on here during our slow hrs but now i work 3p-3a and there arent any "slow" hrs on that shift!. Thank you to everyone one that keeps this board going and all the users, you are so very much appreciated:)

Well, Bella Rose, if there's a more active board, please tell us. Personally, I haven't found it and frankly I don't believe you know of a "busier" one; perhaps you're just trying to be a sh-t disturber?:laugh2: If so, good luck!

Candybee, I think Bella Rose is just trying to get people going so this board will become more active; very commendable, Bella:p

Heavenly Scents, good luck and let us know how it goes for you; please help keep this board active!:rolleyes2

:yay:Ravens, I could not agree with you more! There's not a better board out there and if there is THEY CAN'T COMPARE to the quality of people on this board and their willingness to help beginners like myself!

I offer my tarts 3 different ways: in tin-tie Kraft bags (the tarts look like small muffins, 'cause I pour them in muffin pans!), in 2oz. Scent Shots, and as clamshells.

I pour wax in the clanshells them when I receive an order, I do not keep them in stock. Reason I do this (and I may be "full of it" but it's just another little hang-up of mine :rolleyes2) is because I'm afraid that if I leave the wax in the clamshells for a long time, they may end up smelling like plastic. This may not be true, but....

In the past, I also had wax brittle, but did not sell well, so I stopped making it. HTH

I offer my tarts 3 different ways: in tin-tie Kraft bags (the tarts look like small muffins, 'cause I pour them in muffin pans!), in 2oz. Scent Shots, and as clamshells.

I pour wax in the clanshells them when I receive an order, I do not keep them in stock. Reason I do this (and I may be "full of it" but it's just another little hang-up of mine :rolleyes2) is because I'm afraid that if I leave the wax in the clamshells for a long time, they may end up smelling like plastic. This may not be true, but....

In the past, I also had wax brittle, but did not sell well, so I stopped making it. HTH

Thanks for the info Patricia, I did not realize there was a possibility that the clamshells could smell like wax! I have several poured and thought they would cure in the containers just like in the jars. Learn something new everyday! :cheesy2:

Hi, Mary :yay:

Like I said, I may very well be wrong about the plastic smell, let's just say it's "Uptight Me" who worries about it. Some people may disagree, and they may be right, that there's no harm in storing clamshells for long periods.

But when customers place an order for clamshells, I make triple sure my pouring temp is quite low, then I ship them the next day. Perhaps I'm worrying over nothing:rolleyes2