Vitamin E Tocopherol.. where to purchase?

lauramw71

I want to try making a Whipped Butter.. I am so confused on where to get some Vitamin E. WSP's price is $20 for 4oz, but than lotioncrafter is $8.50 for 4oz? Are all Vit E's the same? Is one better than the other?

Trying to find the best prices for everything is exhausting!! It's looking like WSP is the best prices I can find on my butters and oils..

Thanks!!

Guest Expressive

Before I should answer...

Just to be certain, are you looking for tocopherol or tocopheryl?

Vitamin E isn't all that cheap and bear in mind, WSP includes the shipping cost.

Edited by Expressive

hmmm you raise a good question. I think I need to do more research into what would be better for a whipped shea body butter... Argh! LOL Acetate? Tocopherol? Tocopheryl?

THIS is why I'm doing tons of research before deciding what to order.

Thanks all!

laura,

Don't know if you've been out to the SwiftCraftyMonkey site, but she's got a lot of information on her blog. Should be able to do some good research there if you haven't seen it. Below is a link where she talks about anti-oxidents including Vitamin E. I know I have seen other topics where she covers tocopherols and just about anything else you want to know. Just takes some digging.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2009/04/anti-oxidants.html

Hopt that helps you out some.

J

Yeah, I know I don't need the Vitamin E, but I think I would feel more comfortable adding it. Can't hurt right? :)

Thanks for that link for swifty's blog. I try to visit there often, but get a little overwhelmed sometimes because she has soo much information! I purchased her anhydrous book (LOVE it!!!!) and am going to try to tweak her recipe for the whipped butter for my son with horribly dry skin patches. I think I'm going to purchase a few different oils to play around with it to find the one that I like the best. Than my family will have more whipped butter than they know what to do with! lol

Thanks again for all the help!

I think since I'm getting all my butters and oils from wsp I'll just get the T-50 from there also...

Laura

Understand what you mean, she has so much information on her blog it makes your head spin.

I bought that book as well and I agree with you, absolutely love it! Wish she had a page with all the links she mentions. I like to make the whipped butters and really like kokum and kpangnan. So, would be nice to see what her adjusted percentages are for the harder butters. Will have to experiment and figure it out myself.

Good luck with a recipe for your son.