Sugar Scrub Question

cmspath

I got this recipe out of the archives (I think it is Lins)and was going to make it.. I have had some customers asking for something like this..

My question is, since you obviously will have water interaction with this, is there something I should add to this, or does the M&P base have what is needed? I am going to use the Goats Milk from SFI..

Body SALT SCRUB

1/4 cup melt and pour soap base

1/2 teaspoon fo or eo,s

1/4 cup sweet almond OIL

few drops of liquid color(optional

3/4 cup epsom SALTs

melt soap in microwave. Add sweet Almond OIL and fragrance OILs and blend well. Add epsom SALTs and mix well and thoroghly. Pile into containers and tap on table to take out air bubbles and close. to use take two fingers and scoop SCRUB out. apply to dry or moistened skin and rub thoroughly, then rinse off.

Skin feels as soft as a babies bottom.

TIA:)

nobody... :sad2: Should I add a little vit e or something else I know I have other things that I havent used yet.. but I am not at home so cant think of what it is called "liquid par" maybe? if I should add some, using the above recipe as a guideline, what would the suggested amount be?

Okay - so I am % stupid.. if I am going to do the following.

Body SALT SCRUB

1/2cup melt and pour soap base

1 teaspoon fo or eo,s

1/2 cup sweet almond OIL

few drops of liquid color(optional

1 1/2 cup epsom SALTs

What would the % be.. :embarasse I am so stupid figuring these things out.

Thanks for the help... :)

Personally, I'd measure out each ingredient and then weigh it. Add all of the weights together and add the appropriate amount of preservative. 1/2 cup of M&P may be 4oz by volume, but I'll guarantee it isn't 4oz by weight. The preservative manufacturers recommend percentages based on weight, not volume. Play it safe and weigh all ingredients.