Small Flame

Having trouble in wicking sugar cookie from BCS, 8oz jj, FO,1 1/4oz per lb, 1-Dash Ivory, I have tried HTP-104,105, CD-8,10,12, ECO-8,10,12. I get a slow burn, Could anyone tell me why I'm getting a small flame? Do I need to drop down on the amount of FO I'm using.:confused:

Sugar Cookie to me is a stronger scent and maybe why the flame is low.I guess drowning too.Since wicking isn't the problem I would go less on the FO.This is one of the more powerful scents.I never go over 1 ounce of FO on any of my candles.Burning Creme Brulee now and it is awesome.Not one scent have I had problems with but maybe Warm Vanilla Sugar(don't care for it in a candle).Only one I can think of.All others are great and no wicking problems but I always need to trim after each burn to prevent mushrooming.

LynnS

Hey Dianeb,

Is this happening with all your candles or just the one??

If it is all your candles, maybe it is the batch of soy wax you using... :tongue2:

I have had the flame do that to me with different batches of 100% soy??

Just a thought..:confused:

I have also used a cd 14 or 16 in my 8oz jj if it is slow burning....(sometimes the smaller wicks just wont burn properly with the soy)