Need ideas for a Customer Rewards Program

number2of7

I'd love to offer some type of rewards program for our internet orders, but our website doesn't have an integrated program to do that.

Does anyone else do this, and if so, what "non-pull-you-hair-out-and-keep-your-sanity-methods" have you come up with?

I'm hoping to come up with an idea that customers can't argue with (i.e., "I should have more points than that!") -- I'm afraid entering something manually on a spreadsheet will just cause those types of problems...something I'm trying to avoid.

So, please share your methods or any ideas you may have!

Thanks so much!!

I'd love to offer some type of rewards program for our internet orders, but our website doesn't have an integrated program to do that.

Does anyone else do this, and if so, what "non-pull-you-hair-out-and-keep-your-sanity-methods" have you come up with?

I'm hoping to come up with an idea that customers can't argue with (i.e., "I should have more points than that!") -- I'm afraid entering something manually on a spreadsheet will just cause those types of problems...something I'm trying to avoid.

So, please share your methods or any ideas you may have!

Thanks so much!!

well- me and my husband own and run 5 different business's and I would suggest keep it very simple- If you are wanting to reward internet people do something like for every X amount of dollars you spend you get X (it could be a certain type of product you want to reduce in your inventory) keep it the same and simple- then you will know every internet order you fill you throw X in if it met the amount. People love any kind of bargain they can get. On our septic cleaning business we have a 15.00 dollar off coupon on a tank cleaning on our website and you wouldnt believe the amount of business we got from that alone.

I would think a rewards program (card punches or coupons for next orders) would be way to overwhelming to keep track of without a specific program on your website to do the work for you. As a customer myself I would much rather receive and extra GOOD goodie with my order than try to keep track of rewards points,coupons etc. and it will lead to more sales if they love what they got and come back for more

good luck:cheesy2:

I always give my best repeat customers, or those buying large amounts, a 10% discount. And I be sure to let them know I gave them the discount. If they order off the internet, throw in a "thank you" gift, i.e. I will throw in a couple of lip balms or a something like that with a note thanking them for their patronage.

well- me and my husband own and run 5 different business's and I would suggest keep it very simple- If you are wanting to reward internet people do something like for every X amount of dollars you spend you get X (it could be a certain type of product you want to reduce in your inventory) keep it the same and simple- then you will know every internet order you fill you throw X in if it met the amount. People love any kind of bargain they can get. On our septic cleaning business we have a 15.00 dollar off coupon on a tank cleaning on our website and you wouldnt believe the amount of business we got from that alone.

I would think a rewards program (card punches or coupons for next orders) would be way to overwhelming to keep track of without a specific program on your website to do the work for you. As a customer myself I would much rather receive and extra GOOD goodie with my order than try to keep track of rewards points,coupons etc. and it will lead to more sales if they love what they got and come back for more

good luck:cheesy2:

This is why I came here for suggestion! I REALLY like the idea of letting them get x if they spend x --- my wheels are certainly turning now! Thanks so much!!!

We issue gift card at set levels of spending. Say somone spends 50.00 in total over a months time they would get a 5.00 credit. Anytime there is an issue the amount rewarded can be verified by looking at orders. Sounds confusing but thats the lack of sleep talking....

Originally, this is something I wanted to do. Spend $100 and receive a $10 gift card...or something along those lines. I just haven't been able to come up with an "easy" way of keeping up with it. We have a pretty large customer base so simplicity is key!

I did speak with our web hosting service -- she said that she's going to put in a request for a rewards program to be added next. That makes me happy :yay: -- but I still want to do something in the meantime!

you are very welcome and good luck with it- I really think if you already have a large customer base and you advertise on your site that they will get something great for spending so many dollars your sales will increase and switch it up every month to keep them coming back for more!

In my shop I keep a card file for regular customers and give them a "rebate" after each 4th purchase. For the store a small box with index cards works for me - I write down their purchase amount on the back and on the 5th one they get 7% of the total of those previous 4 orders. Then it starts again.

For internet orders I would think maybe you could file your invoices by name - customer number or some other way that would group their orders together, then when they reach a certain dollar amount send them a "certificate" for 10% - or something - off their next purchase. Will your shopping cart allow for coupon codes ? That would automate the discount part.

This is something I do for my local customers that buy from me as it wouldn't be an effective way for web customers.

I go the green angle and offer a dollar off there next candle purchase if they bring the the old one back. Consider their used up candle as $1.00 off coupon. what makes this work is that I make sure the glass is recycled properly. A lot of people will just throw a candle jar away when their done. I let them know this too. Its the feel good part of it.

I'm doing my part for staying "green" and recycling the jars properly and my customers are getting a buck off. Doesn't seem like much, but I get repeat business because of it. That old candle has value when it comes to getting a new one and it seems to work.

One thing though. I never reuse the jars that are brought back. They do go into the recycling bin after I give them a quick clean. I would never reuse the jars as I have no idea what the customer has done with them. They could have accidently dropped, bumped, or dinged the jar. They may not break, but you can't see the tinest of stress fractures in glass and that could be bad news if you use it again and have a candle break or explode on someone.

Anyway, I've gotten compliments for the recycling and those compliments usually come when they are buying another candle. :)

Bruce