Switching or Adding Jars

cinnamon

Looking for some constructive input on switching or adding jars...

I have used the 8oz Jelly Jars for our candles for 10 years. Our customers love them and buy lots of them...BUT I'd like use something a little more upscale now. Initially I wanted to replace the Jelly Jars with a Libbey Tumbler & silver lid, but it would definitely involve a sales price change.

Anybody have experience switching jar styles? I assume it involved a sales price change? How did you do it without ticking off your current customer base? Or is it better to add a jar style rather than replace it?

Thanks in advance for your input :)

I agree with the others. If the jj's are selling then why replace them? It would be horrible to replace them with something that didn't sell well. I would keep the jj's and add a line of the new jars and see how they go over without spending a huge amount of money on new jars before you know how and if they will sell. Isbennis said it perfectly.. if it ain't broke

Thanks for the input everyone....lots of good points.

I already tested the new jar style over the last few months but haven't poured any candle inventory using the new jars yet.

After seeing your helpful feedback, I'm thinking that I may use the new jars for 'Limited edition' fragrances that aren't carried in the regular Jelly Jar line...ie. Breast Cancer Awareness or uncolored spa-like candles...and pour to order only.

Thanks again for you help. :cheesy2: