Daystar's Coeur de Vahine .....

Buffy

I have edps in CdV from 2 different etailers (from a few years ago) and they smell AMAZING!!! (this is before I had my Co)

Since I loved it SO much I ordered it from DS and it really does not smell anything like that. It's very light, watered down, and totally different.

Very disappointed :(

DS is the only one that has this right?? I looked in FOF.

Does anyone have this from a few years ago and have bought it recently??

I've always been a huge DS fan, her FOs are usually awesome!!

B~

Thanks!

I have never smelled the real thing, but I have the dupe from DS, and it's one of my favorites. I bought it in Spring 2010.

I agree it's a light scent out of the bottle, but once you put it in something, it totally rocks, IMO.

I had made a lotion in this scent for a swap, and once you put it on your skin, the fragrance notes blossom and open up with your body heat.

It's so unique and feminine.

I have edps in CdV from 2 different etailers (from a few years ago) and they smell AMAZING!!! (this is before I had my Co)

So do you have the Comptoir Sud Pacifique (CSP) Coeur de Vahiné? That's the only one I know of and I thought it only came in an EdT. When you mention etailers you're not talking about candle or soap suppliers are you?

DS is the only one that has this right?? I looked in FOF.

Does anyone have this from a few years ago and have bought it recently??

Scent Works and Daystar are the only two places I've ever found CSP fragrance dupes. I did a google search for Coeur de Vahiné fo's and found a company in Australia that has a dupe, don't know if it would be worth ordering from though! :)

Edited by mzpickles

CBE, you, I need to try it in a cream or edp and see.

MZPickles, I have the orig. CSP one plus from 2 etailers, (like some of us?? )no not suppliers.

It's incredible how different it smells. DS might have changed the scent now.

Thank you both

B

I have the Daystar CDV and it is light out of the bottle. I agree though, once you put it in product and it really does blossom, esp lotions.

Made a tart & it really did not change :(

Smells just like OOB.

oh well.....

Yes, a few days.

I'll try it in a cream, but I really don't have much hope that it will smell like the others.

That's too bad. I know what it's like to want to use a favorite scent in things you make for yourself, only to have it fall short of expectations! :sad2: