Note to self:Be careful when handling melted wax

So yesterday I spilled an 8 oz jar of melted parasoy all over my counter down my cabinet and onto my kitchen floor.(Not my finer moment)It was a super PITA but I got it cleaned up.My problem is that I spilled it all over one of my fav pot holders and have no idea how to get the wax out of it??Any tips on cleaning up this kinda mess??I really don't want to pitch the potholder(it matches my kitchen decor)Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Heat up an old iron (don't use the one to iron your cloths). Place some paper towels on the pot holders and place the iron on the towels. The heat will melt the wax and will wick up into the paper towel. Might have to do this a few times. Be careful on the heat setting, too high and the wax might flam up on the iron and/or paper towels.

My mother-in-law had some wax drip onto some nice embroidery done on linen a few years back. We used this method and took the wax right out. For the color stain from the candle, we used oxy clean.

I do the same thing only use brown paper bags. It's surprising how much wax you can remove this way. Just remember to change the paper towel or bag frequently (as soon as saturated with wax). Then, launder as usual.

I spilled beeswax on one of my good pairs of jeans once, thought they were ruined but, once I did this method, you would never know the wax had been on the jeans.