If you had to choose

If you had to choose between the 464 and C-3 (for CT and HT) which one would be the winner?

I have both, and they smell about the same to me for CT, but they've been curing for less than 3 days. Can't tell on the HT 'cause I haven't tested yet.

I tried the 415 in the past 'cause I think it has really good throw, but it gets a big "F" as far as looks are concerned.... and I'm too lazy to use the heat gun :rolleyes2

I am liking the creamy, smooth tops of the C-3, but HT is what I'm interested in. TIA

Surprised you're the only one who's mentioned a preference so far, Isbennis.

Vegetable waxes are popular and both 464 and C3 seem to be really popular! I'm sure (well, I hope) others will tell us which of the two they prefer.

Thank you for answering! :smiley2:

I have not tested C-3 but I find my 464 to be pretty fab in the throw department. Only way to tell for sure, IMO, between the two would be to make some exact candles, and test them in a room under the same conditions, and keep notes on which smelled stronger to you.

Plus.. (this is just my suggestion...) I'd make your decision based on other things too, like availablilty, shipping, quality of pours..

Yes, the 415 does have excellent CT and HT. Sometimes I mix it with paraffin and that pretty much solves the appearance problem.

Main reason for my asking is that I have quite a bit of both 464 and C-3 and I'm considering selling one of them. Thanks!

You can get the 415 to look very, very nice. Just takes some working at. And zapping the tops with a heat gun only take a few extra seconds.

I tried the 464 when we were testing different waxes and thought that would be the one we would use, but the 415 did better in our environment and had better ht & ct. IMO

I love the 464. I have tried both waxes and the 464 does better in my opinion with the HT than the C-3. 464 also has a creamy top too when poured at the right temp. Where I am at in California if I pour the 464 at 150 and I have a perfect top everytime.