Paypal Question

vberkesch

Hi all,

Trying to finally get my web page put together and have a question for you all.

Been on the paypal site and want to know if I am understanding something right.

If I want customers to pay me I can set up paypal on my web site and my customers will be able to pay using Paypal OR they will be able to use their credit card????? Is this the way it works?? Credit card payments can be made on my site through my paypal account??

Thanks much, Vanessa

Yes, you are reading it correctly. I don't remember, but you might have a setting that needs to be check marked for them not to need a paypal account to pay you.

I know on mine (business account), people don't need to have a paypal account to pay me.

The basic business account--I don't know what exactly they are calling it now--doesn't cost anything aside from the transaction fees. If you don't use the fancy website integration there is no monthly cost. If you choose to have what I think they call website Pro--then you have to pay. The main advantage of Pro (if I'm remembering right from my research) is that the customer stays on YOUR site through the entire checkout. If you use the standard, then the customer goes to the Paypal site for entering their payment information and then is redirected back to your site. For $30 a month (the cost of Pro), I'd rather sign up for a normal credit card processor with lower fees through my bank.