Ways to package single scalloped tarts or 2pk

ky-sam

I used to package singles and used shrink wrap. PITA for me. I was trying to copy Yank##. :rolleyes2 Decided it was too time consuming for me. Then I started using cello bags and packaged 6...same scent...in a bag. Then I got tired of pouring tarts so only have been doing them for special orders...and I will only take orders for a dozen. If I have wax left in the pour pot I pour those and throw them in the bag...Free to the customer.

I am going to start offering tarts again...not just special order. But I haven't decided for sure how many to a bag...thinking at least 2. I have small bags here that will hold 2 tarts...can't remember where I bought them...it's been at least 5 years or maybe more. And I have at least 150 clamshells that I ordered 2 years ago and only poured in 2 of those.

Right now most of my business is repeat customers so they know what they want and don't mind ordering a dozen. But...I will be checking out a Farmer's Market in the near future...and if I decide I want to have a booth there I will have to offer a lesser amount since they won't know my products. I know I wouldn't buy a dozen tarts right off the bat from someone that I had not tried their candles or tarts.

For me it's a lot easier to throw them in a bag then cutting the shrink wrap and then messing with the heat gun. But...I DO like the look of a nicely shrink wrapped tart....lol.

I sell at a Farmer's Market too and I sell a lot of single tarts. I bag them in the 3x3 ziploc bags like you can find at KY and Uline with a label on the front. They bag pretty quick and I get lots of customers who buy a variety the first time and then the clamshells of their favorites after that. At craft shows or places where a customer knows they won't see me again soon, I sell hardly any single tarts. They also make a cheap promotional thing to throw in with a larger purchase. :cheesy2:

We shrink wrap individually on the scalloped tarts (in 2 sizes) and do the "condiment" type cup and bag only our 1 oz "mini melts". Our tarts are almost always made in soy wax, which being as soft as it is, does not hold a nice look for very long even when bagged individually. While regular customers may not care about the appearance once hooked on a great scent experience, part of any business should be looking ahead to create more regular customers and we believe you have to opt for the best presentation possible.

Just my humble opinion.:)

We shrink wrap our standard 1 oz tarts which as some other people have said is a total PITA. I would love to find another different / easier way as shrink wrapping is very very time consuming.

Our "mini melts" which are about 13 grams or just under 1/2 oz each we package in windowed tin tie bags, 20 to a bag which the customers love as they are getting great value. We dont however mix the scents in the tin ties, 20 of one scent.