My 1st CP

soy327

It's the best way to bring in the New Year :laugh2:Oatmeal, Milk and Honey, I topped it with old fashioned oatmeal (not ground up) yes I ground up what I put in the soap. :laugh2:What a rush. Now I have to wait :angry2: Hope it comes out good. I have a great fear of Lye so (hubby) AKA the lye man did that part. I think I could do it next time though.:confused: Oh and lye man made my wood mold and cutter.:yay:

post-11440-139458475305_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458475311_thumb.jpg

Looks great and probably smells delicious too! I like the whole oats on the top...I often make mine that way too.

Question for all the honey, oatmeal soap makers out there. Just what do you use to make the honeycomb appearance on the top of the bars? They look like something with a lot of little circles on it.

I can't make a new thread and post (any idea why not?) so thought I would try it here.

Thanks

Edited by Country Magic

Looks great and probably smells delicious too! I like the whole oats on the top...I often make mine that way too.

Question for all the honey, oatmeal soap makers out there. Just what do you use to make the honeycomb appearance on the top of the bars? They look like something with a lot of little circles on it.

I can't make a new thread and post (any idea why not?) so thought I would try it here.

Thanks

Bubble Wrap, for packing.

That is so KOOL!! You did a great job. I wasn't able to visualize how it would look when cut and the wavy cut looks great!

Bubble Wrap
Oh, that's too cunning!! Now how to hide the bubble wrap from uncontrolled OCD sufferers... :shocked2:

Dang it! NOW I want a big bowl of oatmeal with loads of brown sugar and butter! I GOTTA stop reading/thinking about FOOD!!! :shocked2:

Great inspiration! Thanks for the bubble wrap tip kyme1911 & charmcandleco. I needed to make some milk, honey & oatmeal soap and proceeded to do just that today. I used bubblewrap and can't wait for the unmolding tomorrow!

This along with some mango & papaya blended with orange & yellow pop micas and poppyseeds. My soap room smells delicious.

Edited by Country Magic