Awesome customer service

bwc

I haven't mentioned this before on this forum, but my nephew committed suicide in May four days after he came back from Afghanistan. I had wanted to buy the military candles to send to my sister and her husband, my ex-BIL and his wife, and my nephew's widow as a tribute to my nephew, but I had not been able to afford it until I was given some money by my dad last Monday. So I shot an email to Tom asking him if he had any in stock, and before you could say Merry Christmas, he had them wrapped, packed, and shipped. My sister got hers in time for Christmas and she expressed how beautiful the candle is and what a great tribute it is to her son. She said she was only going to light it on certain days, and then I told her it had the tealight in it so the candle won't be messed up when she does light it. She was very appreciative of the workmanship.

Thank you again, Tom, for such outstanding service. I truly appreciate it and I want everyone on CT to know how you went above and beyond the call of duty to get those candles out!

Donna in CO

Donna, I'm very sorry about your Nephew. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I'm glad Tom was able to ship the candles in time for Christmas to your sister. Those are beautiful candles and I hope he is very successful with them. That was a very thoughtful gift.

Tom, kudos for the excellent customer service. I really need to pick some up for my Dad and my son.

Donna, I am so sorry for your loss. I am eternally grateful for the safe return of my SIL from Afghanistan and that he was able to overcome the ravages of war, for our daughter and young granddaughter's sake. I can't imagine the pain your family must be suffering. Tom's candles are beautiful, and a beautiful tribute. I'm glad he is sensitive to the needs and comfort those special candles provide.:thumbsup:

Thank you Donna for the kind words. Let me just say that I don't think I did anything different than all of the others on this board would have done.

Thanks for your order, it was a true pleasure working with you. I have always thought that my candles could be used in this way honoring a hero that has served our country, but I have to say that it is much more humbling than I could have imagined.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this holiday season. It is nice to hear that your family appriciates your thoughtfulness.

Tom

Thank you all for your prayers. It surely has been hard to understand and accept. He was an IT person and not in the heavy fighting, but there were special circumstances involved with his marriage that pushed him beyond what he could endure after he got home and we think that is what made him lose hope and decide to end his life. He was the last person you would ever expect to do that.

The tentacles of suicide are insidious; counselors told us back in 1988 (after my oldest nephew committed suicide) that, once there has been a suicide in the family, it makes it more "acceptable" for others in the family to consider it because it takes away the stigma. For those of you who have had the same heartbreak in your own family, please be aware of the danger.