Merry Christmas

Just want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas. I know most of you are celebrating the traditional birth of Christ today.

Thanks to everyone who avoids replacing Christ with an X in the holiday greetings.

May the Lord's blessings touch each and every one.

Merry Christmas to you all over there as well. Almost 11pm Christmas day here and I am so tired. A quick scan through the board and then I am done for the day.

Hope all you guys have a very Merry Christmas today over there. Stay safe, eat well and enjoy family. Chat soon :)

Merry Christmas to everyone.

EricofAZ, the "X" is not supposed to be a "dissing" or replacement for "Christ", or to subverse its meaning.

Because our computers do not have the necessary symbols, I have copied and pasteed the following, hoping it will dispel this rampant misinformation about the much-maligned "X":

"Abbreviations used as Christian symbols have a long history in the church. The letters of the word "Christ" in Greek, the language in which the New Testament was written, or various titles for Jesus early became symbols of Christ and Christianity. For example, the first two letters of the word Christ (cristoV, or as it would be written in older manuscripts, CRISTOS) are the Greek letters chi (c or C) and rho (r or R). These letters were used in the early church to create the chi-rho chirho.bmpmonogram, a symbol that by the fourth century became part of the official battle standard of the emperor Constantine."

A happy, healthy and safe holiday season to all.santa big

Agree, it is interesting. I researched it several years ago, when I started to question the use of the "X". Now, the worst thing I can say about the "X" is that whoever writes it is too lazy to spell out the entire name, LOL

There is no disrespect involved in the use of the "X", none whatsoever.... just wish more people would not blast others for using it and instead find out how it came to be :smiley2:

A friend of mine was attacked big time on Facebook for that. As I was not part of the discussion, I refrained from saying anything, but fortunately, 18 posts later, someone set the record straight. Nevertheless, one lady claimed it was BS, not the truth and it was disrespectful to use the "X" - as if clinging to her misinformation would score her brownie points.... bless the little pea:rolleyes2

So, Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas to all.

I did not say you were attacking, EricofAZ.

I stated that many will switch to attack mode if they spot someone using the "X", as my friend did on Facebook.

I guarantee I did not imply you were or would be attacking anyone. If I did think that, I would have said so directly to you, for I don't beat around the bush. However, I apologize if what I wrote was unclear.

And a Merry Christmas to all, regardless how it's written.

Einstein is doing fine. She was very interested in a recent project where I organized my wicks and put the spools away but rolled up a small supply in an organized container. She seemed to like them all but pounced on the Eco's so I think she's getting closer to solving the mystery of String Theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

Edited by EricofAZ

Happy New Year to you also, Soy327. BTW, I also really need to get a life .... know why? I'm actually reading up on String Theory!!!:laugh2::shocked2:

How more pitiful can one get?! Wow, after all these months, I finally confessed to it... isn't that the first step on the road to recovery? :laugh2::laugh2:

EricofAZ, you called it right, got me! I have hundreds of FOs (who can resist the 1oz sales??), cartons of waxes. My husband tells me "You know, that UPS guy sure knows us well, he always waves at me... maybe we should ask him over for Christmas dinner, he can bring the wife and kids too..." He's such a smart ass, he doesn't understand the affliction of addiction.

Aaannndd.... when you call UPS asking if they could deliver before 5 p.m. when your hubby isn't home yet - now that's a problem!

But thank you for understanding... we've got to support one another and be encouraging of one another... encouraging the buying of more wicks, wax, and FOs! :laugh2: