Superfatting and Goat Milk Soap

vberkesch

Good Day all,

Question for you. I make ALL my soaps using Goat Milk as 1/2 of the liquid portion. Tell me - if I am soaping with 5% superfat, is my recipe really going to end up at more than a 5% superfat because of the Goat Milk??

Was wondering if a person should not superfat too high when using Goat Milk in their soaps because of the possibility of DOS?

Thanks much, Vanessa

I use goats milk for all of my liquid and superfat at 5%. Fortunately, I have never had a case of DOS. I think as long as you stick with high oleic soft oils like safflower, sunflower and stay at reasonable percentages on canola or soy; you shouldn't have a problem with DOS. HTH

Steve

I use goats milk for all of my liquid and superfat at 5%. Fortunately, I have never had a case of DOS. I think as long as you stick with high oleic soft oils like safflower, sunflower and stay at reasonable percentages on canola or soy; you shouldn't have a problem with DOS. HTH

Steve

not really true, lots of things cause DOS.. half of a batch of mine kept in a more humid room got DOS and I dont use any soy, or canola..

You should be fine with 5% superfat and GM, GM will add fat but not a signifigant amount, shouldnt push you over the limit :)