WSP increase in MP

lovemylabs

For those that get their newsletter, you noticed an increase in their MP soap. Urrghhhh! I can't remember if it was for a specific soap or any soaps containing Palm. Anyway, after reading the newsletter, I deleted it along with other emails. This morning, I went back to my "trash bin" hoping it was still there, but it wasn't. I wanted to see the date it would go into effect and the amount it would go up. I went to their website...but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone who has the info, could you let me know. And also...do you think their reasons for the increase is just them, or maybe across the board? Thanks guys

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the shipping included either. But our overall experience has been that when we've done cost comparison on our supplies, WSP will sometimes come out on top. Sometimes I'll go to another company's site and do a mock order, add to cart and figure shipping.. If they are more than WSP, then of course we go with WSP. We are located on the coast of SC (Savannah Georgia just across the border). So depending on who we order our supplies from, the shipping will be the deciding factor (quality too of course...but if both companies offer the same thing...will def go with WSP). In the Candlewic newsletter we just got, they are offering 40% off shipping. Have either of you used their MP bases...in particular Goat Milk?

I have been purchasing my soap base elsewhere since WSP included shipping in the price. Now with their increase, it seems that I definitely made the right decision in moving on. I do not think that their base is so amazing that it cannot be found elsewhere if you take the time to look. It was a pain, but it worked out for me in the end.

WSP's "shipping included" really jacked up so many things for me. Every time I did the mock cart elsewhere, I ended up spending so much more at WSP. I can see why customers are frustrated with this company. WSP has a great selection of products. But if these items are so costly, what the heck is the point of purchasing them?

In the Candlewic newsletter we just got, they are offering 40% off shipping. Have either of you used their MP bases...in particular Goat Milk?

I haven't made m&p soap for several years but...I do like Candlewic's shea butter soap base. I made some for Christmas gifts 3 years ago. I made Green Tweed type and Ezra type and gave it to our men friends. Then I made a plaid soap for the ladies. I bought a m&p soapmaking book at Michael's many years ago and finally decided to try some of the author's projects. They turned out great and everyone loved their soap.

Your question has me now thinking that I will try the goatsmilk base when I order from Candlewic...after the new year. My SIL buys goatsmilk based(from The Candlemakers Store) body lotion from me at Christmas every year because her friend/neighbor said it's the best lotion she ever used for her dry feet. Maybe bars of soap are in her future too.....lol.