Help with Ecosoya PB

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I can not seem to wick a 3x4 pillar to save my life....I have tried all sorts of LX raw wicks. I think I read that people have had luck with CD's (which are my favorite in jar candles), but where can I buy it on a spool and what size would be a good starting point? Also--are you have good HT. Thank you.

Hi :)

I have great luck with the cd 16's and cd 18 in the PB. On avg, I get 110 and 112 hours burn time respectively on the 3 x 4 1/2", 4 hour test burns (sometimes 5-6) and no hint of blowouts. I mix my fo in at 1oz/lb. I cant answer where to get spooled wicking. hth :)

what are the issues you are having? no HT, blowouts etc..also I know you said you are wanting to raw wick but have you considered a wick sample pack from peaks or candle science or somewhere so you can get the wick you like narrowed down before buying a spool of wick? I havent made pillars in awhile but thats what i did

Thank you for your responses! My molds are silicone from Van Yulay, that is why I was thinking of raw wick--not sure how I would use any other kind? If that were possible, I would be all set as I think I have enough wicks to open a wick store of my own. I am assuming most people use the metal molds with a wick pin then? That way they can use the pre-made wicks?

Hi :)

I have great luck with the cd 16's and cd 18 in the PB. On avg, I get 110 and 112 hours burn time respectively on the 3 x 4 1/2", 4 hour test burns (sometimes 5-6) and no hint of blowouts. I mix my fo in at 1oz/lb. I cant answer where to get spooled wicking. hth :)

Have you posted a pic of the PB pillars you make? If you don't mind I would like to see one.

I would like to make a pillar outa PB too, and am interested in more feedback on this thread. I have only used the palm for pillars. I have a bag of PB waiting.:laugh2:

Thank you to the poster.:yay:for opening this topic.