Electric Turkey Fryer question

Anyone else experiencing the temperature unit going bad on the Masterbuilt or Cajun Injector turkey fryers? I have had 2 bite the dust in a matter of 2 months. One was a couple years old but one was new.

Unfortunately, I have gotten rid of the boxes so was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy just the temperature unit to replace them? I would be more convenient rather than buying another full cooker.

Brenda, you do know about the reset button on the top/back of the heater? Carole

Yea, I did know about the reset button but the problem I am having is the heating element isn't maintaining the temperature I am setting it at. I set the temp control at 200* and the wax gets HOT HOT HOT. The wax temp keeps climbing. Even lowering the control to 150* or 175* does not work, wax temps climb upward. Luckily I keep my thermometer in the wax, wax temp got up above 275* :shocked2: I had another fryer go bad a couple months ago with the same problem - over heating. Now I have 2 that I am hoping to replace the heating element on. If not I'll just pitch them and buy new . . I didn't have a chance to call Masterbuilt yet to see if replacement heating elements can be purchased but I will today.

The re-set button worked :yay: I had to use the re-set button when the heating element didn't kick on in the past, but I didn't know that it would work when the heating element was heating too hot. This is great news & good to know in the future. I just love this board !!