Forgot all my liquid oils!!!

sjconner

Ughhh! I got called away from my soaping by a friend for an emergency. I had just melted the hard oils. I quickly put everything in a place where the kiddo couldn't mess with it. When I came back I added the lye and EO and colored both batches. After they are in my divided molds, I realize that I forgot all of the liquid oils! :eek: It is too late to do much with them tonite. I will try to rebatch them tomorrow. I was wondering why the batches basically seized and there didn't seem to be nearly enough soap in the mold! :confused: I was missing about half the ingredients - I never do anything half way. :P Any thoughts on what extra goodies to add. I used WSP Euphoria and Sleepy Time. Could I add some cream to this?

Susan

Edited by sjconner

Oh gosh I wish I could say that never happened to me, but it did with 2 batches one night. I was using oils measured the day prior. Big Ooops. Now the process includes weighing the soap pot before adding FO to make sure it's not light.

WHen rebatching I usually do use some sort of dairy (milk, cream) or coconut milk. It seems to help things stay smoother.

Sorry this happened. Good luck with tomorrow's rebatch.

Weighing them before adding the lye is a great idea. I should start doing that. I can't believe I almost blew 2 batches of soap. I will be headed to the store to get oven bags. I wonder how much they will hold.

Do I add the forgotten oils before or after I melt the "soap"?

Susan

I would heat the liquid oils in the crockpot, add the grated soap and melt together. At the end of the cook, add 1/4-1/2 cup instant powdered milk to smooth out the mixture and make pouring easier.

Edited by lsg