Candles aren't wanting to burn

I haven't changed anything I am doing and suddenly my candles are wanting to snuff themselves out. I am suspecting that it may be a problem with the wicks. I use Eco 8's. Is anyone having problems with them or can you suggest a really good brand of wicks? Thank you, Elizabeth

the widest part of the jar is 3" in diameter.

I also would like to know your suggestion for how much fragrance oil to use per pound. I have heard different recommendations. What do you find works best? Is it true that if you use too much oil you actually smell the fragrance less?

And what wicks do you like best?

I use 6006 with eco 8 wicks, 8% FO in 3" tins. The only time I have ever had a problem with the wicks going out was when I used Cinnamon Buns FO from CS. Could not get that one to stay lite at all.

Wick are from CS and wax from Peaks.

Sounds like somehow the viscosity of your wax is off and causing your wicks to go out. I would double check your blending combination to make sure you didnt change that by accident.

Both these waxes should be able to hold 10% FO.

Since ALL is the same then the size jar doesn't matter. And if you are having trouble with more than one scent, then it isn't your FO's. So find an old candle that burned good and either pull the wick and add one from the new batch or remelt and pour into a new wicked jar. Let cool and test. If all goes well with that then it's must be your wax. I don't use what you do but if soy is involved then I would cut back on it and add more paraffin. I had this happen years ago with GF/GB415 no matter what wick or FO it would not stay lit. A lot of people had problems with that same batch number. I never added paraffin in those days so I pitched the wax. Only bought by the 50 lbs back then, now it's by the skid so I have to add something.

Have you changed your wick supplier by any chance? I usually get my ECO's from BCN but once I was ordering wax from CS but didn't need anything from BCN so I just threw them on the order with the wax figuring they couldn't be THAT different. Unfortunately they did burn differently for me and I ended up ordering them from BCN anyway. Just throwing that out there in case that is the issue.

Edited by mparadise

Actually I do buy them (EC Wicks)from Candle Science. I buy my wax from Lone Star because I can drive there and pick it up and save myself the freight. I wonder does one company, I guess "Eco" make all of those wicks or is that a type of wick and not a brand. I know, probably a dumb question.

I am just perplexed, but also, yes it is the Cinnamon Stick and the Antique Sandalwood from Candle Science that are suddenly not wanting to burn. And I have read on other threads that Cinnamons are one of the hardest scents to get to burn, but I used to never have any problems with either of these scents and I have been using both scents from the very beginning, when I started 2 years ago.

And I am damn well not throwing out wax. I will just have to figure out something else.

What wicks do you like. The eco was the recommended first choice for wicking with the 2 waxes I blend on the CS website Wick Guide, but I am open to suggestions.

And yes, the wicks are definitely getting clogged or I would say bogged down. The flame starts out o.k. and them it becomes this smoldering little blue flame and then it puts itself out.