Decorating ideas???

Johnna

Ok.. I was approached to do a "talk" for the local homemakers club. Is to be about "Deck the Halls with Candles for Christmas".

I am to talk about budget ways of decorating your house with candles.

So I am asking all you creative minds to help me out a bit.

Any ideas on common household items to convert and use as Christmas decorations/centerpieces, etc..

I have to fill 30+ minutes of time :shocked2: !!

My step mom showed me something but it could incorporate many craft ideas to do. It's something called Holiday pockets which are cut off old jeans and decorated, then hung from door knobs ect. I thought that they should be filled with fragrance, embossed on the outside with wording, and then decorated. They basically use household stuff. Email me and I will show you the pics of what she made. Easy easy!

When I buy my Christmas tree I always ask for the branches they cut off the bottom of the tree. I take them home and decorate them to spruce up the house and add some fresh pine scent as well. Doesn't cost a cent.

I use ribbons, tree decorations, bows, etc to decorate them. You can cut the branches up into smaller pieces and tie them together with ribbon or twistie ties. You can get creative with artificial snow spray, angels hair, tissue paper, etc.

You could make centerpieces out of them and put pillar candles or jar candles in them.

Other ideas are placing bowls of nuts or fruit around the centerpiece.

Or place a jar candle in the center of a bowl of fruit or nuts.

Another idea is a large bowl full of christmas balls with a candle in the center. Saw that on QVC and it was adorable. They used a hurricane glass to seperate the candle from the balls. Or just use a jar candle in the center.

Okay.. I had 3 replies the other day and didnt write it all down and now 1 has seemed to disappear :(

Thanks for all your ideas. I am so not looking forward to this especially since I just found out they are going to project it onto a big jumbo screen also.. I look jumbo enough without Jumbotron TV.