Eclamshells

safetysue

Anyone done business with this company. It appears they have the same clamshell as Impact #1524 with a one case minimum order for $17.50 a case cheaper than Impact. Shipping to my location in IL is $23.00 via UPS.

Here's the link - scroll down to #1524.

http://www.eclamshell.com/search_results.asp?PAGE=2&txtHeight=&txtWidth=&txtDepth=&txtDiameter=&btnSearch.x=4&btnSearch.y=12&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

If the link doesn't work go to "shop", "all" and then to page 2 about three fourths the way down you'll find #1524.

Looks like impact is the only one who carries the 1524A (larger) clamshell.

Didn't mean to lead you astray. Both of the 1524 by Impact and Eclamshells should be the same.

Impact had one 1524A that was larger. Looks like those are not on the Impact site any more but can be found at Mill Creek.

Sent an email yesterday asking about stock and normal shipping time. Here's the reply. Just thought I'd pass it on.

We do have stock on these at this time. If your order is received before 1:00 PM PST, it will ship that day. Later than that may not ship until the following day. We have a daily UPS pick-up and must have all orders pulled and ready. Some days are quite busy.

We look forward to your order.

Thank's,

Lesley Garrett

ClearPack Engineering, Inc

www.eclamshell.com

Fianally got around to calling and asking a few questions. The lady on the phone was helpful but could not guarantee stock or shipping quotes. Their email to me sounded more like a teenage girls writing ( was just off) Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. i eventually was emailed a firm quote. 43.00 a case from CA to PA. The 4 cases from impact was only 131.00. Assuming they are the same molds? They are definately padding shipping or using very heavy boxes.

The phone quote was signicantly higher than the amount on the site also.

Edited by oakbrookcandles
Added part about shipping.

I had a similar but different experience with this company. I emailed for a quote and it came back @ $38.00 a case. But I ordered a case on line - the shipping showed up in the cart $23.91 to Illinois. The shipping I was charged on the invoice was $27.00. Now I did not call them, I communicated through email and placed my order online. I ordered at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, had an immediate email confirmation and a second email at 5:21 PM with the tracking number and the invoice attached.

So my shipping quote was high @ $38.00 but that's not what it ended up being. Their responses to my email inquires were prompt and complete.

Isn't it amazing how all our experiences with vendors differ. There are some vendors I won't even attempt to do business with based on what I've read on this board. I think we all struggle enough with trying to run our business that we don't need incompetent or rude vendors.