Sugar Cube Packaging ?

dee263

I've been trying to decide how best to package my sugar cube scrubs and I'd like to go with plastic bale jars. If anyone uses these for sugar cubes what size do you use? I've found the jars in 7, 12 and 16 oz sizes but I'm having a hard time figuring out how many cubes would fit in each size jar.

TIA

We use glass jars, and ours are 12 ounce. We do not put "full size" cubes in, but when we pull them out of the mold, we cut in four smaller cubes. This allows the customer to use as many smaller cubes as they need, plus, allows us to "fill in" the jar not leaving very much space. I believe we can get about 24 small cubes to a jar this way. We use the same jar for our melts also; these are full size and we can only get six to a jar with this size. So, it will probably depend on the size of your cubes. HTH

Thanks! I use the Wilton brownie pan for cubes; they're about 1.5 inches square. I like your idea of making them smaller, though, since one cube is really too big for one use.

edited to add: I think I'll go with the 12 oz size.

Edited by dee263